What Is Your Favorite Syderco and Why?

Probably my p204 Millie, but I do like my manix 2xl more than I thought I would. The only one I don't really care for is the Endura 4.

rotation is the key,so we don't tire of just one spyderco knife!and a different knife to fit the job at hand!but i always come back to gayle bradley 1) and native 5 as grate users.

GBII with modded thumb choil and Mannix II XL CF S90V. If I carry one I will always carry the other to keep it company.

My favorite is still a Delica 4 FFG. They're light, cheap and take a great edge. I also like the Endura 4, but they're a little big for EDC.

Endura with a serrated edge. It was my first Spyderco, and I got it in 1990. I carried it every day during Desert Shield/Storm. It never left my side. Sadly my father "borrowed" it, and lost it on a motorcycle ride. I just recently got another.....an Endura 4. It's like I found a long lost friend. I'll keep this one forever.

There are so many good Spydercos. Its hard to say which is my fav. For instance I love my Techno and Endura wave. For a work knife my GB1.

That said, ifnI had to choose I would say the P'kal is my favourite. It is such a unique ans irreplaceable folder. Perfect knife for urban self defense. Also the very slight hawkbill is surprisingly useful for alot of edc tasks. Though the handle is not ideal for edge forward grips. (Reverse edge out or hammer grip edge forward)

Too bad it only comes in s30v. Come on P'kal sprint!

I have a high turn over rate on knives.
And I could not find the "One".

I read the Hard Use thread about GB1s and 2s.

I thought the GB guys were kool aid drinkers.
Passing along hype like 940 and PM2 guys have.
So I bought one and found out.
Its not hype.

Nice ergos.
M4 steel... It has developed dark patina.
Blade length and shape are ideal.
Strong tip... It did not get PM2 tip when it fell off the table.

Now its been 6 months and it is still here in my pocket.
Mean while... PM2s..Manix's..Delicas and varous other models and brand's have been sold or traded away.

Gayle Bradley 2 is the One.

2AKGUwv.jpg

Last edited:
For me it is PM2, no kool-aid needed... It was my first Spyderco. Had the knife for almost a year before I came across the two forums I eventually joined.

I've had a knife of some kind for most of my childhood, and all of my adult life. Wanted to give Spyderco a try. Picked PM2 based on specs and looks. There was something about it that did it for me. When I got it, it immediately exceeded my expectations.

Still my favorite, still the most carried. Went through phases of different knives. Couple of times I thought I found an alternate. Not yet. PM2 still the king in my collection. Even gave a couple away to friends. They love them.

I know that I'm so "old school" with past Spyderco models that it probably even gets annoying to some of you :D But I make no apologies because there were designs back in the GOLDEN ERA that are timeless IMO. From a design standpoint my all time favorite is the C-60 Massad Ayoob model>> and if they ever do a Sprint Run in one of the Supersteels I'll be one of the first to get one. I still consider all my Ayoob models as being precious and permanent even with VG-10.

Now from a practical user's standpoint my most favorite EDC up till now is my M390 Military model. It's been truly a blessing from heaven and one of the best performing folders I've ever owned and without a doubt my best EDC ever up till now..

My favorite all time Spyderedged model is up for a tie>> it's a tie between my Stainless RESCUE model and my H-1, SE Spyderhawk.

Mannix II XL CF S90V as a tactical and a PM2 Blurple S110 for EDC. I always carry 2.
I carry The Mannix 2 because I love CF the steel is great and the blade gets noticed and has presence because of it's size. And the PM2 love the purple color great steel great ergos and alot of fun to flick and last but not least it is a workhorse. I've carried for over a year and I have only Stropped it or give it a few passes on the Sharpmaker. Great stuff.

Last edited:
This is a "no-brainer" for me. All things considered the Southad is my favorite knife, not just my favorite Spyderco. I'll admit up front, one has to realize this knife is a push-button flipper, not an ultra-snappy light switcher. Once you figure that out, the shape of the flipper tab makes sense and the action is very good.

IMG_2088.JPG

The fit and finish are amazing. Every corner of the scale and blade is perfectly 'melted.' The stonewash is perfect. Centering and lockup are perfect. 204p, Ti, G10--Materials can't be faulted. It's not heavy (4.1 oz IIRC). The G10 is a bit grippy out of the box, but with carry it perfects itself.

IMG_2087.JPG

Aesthetics are a personal thing...but DANG, they do it for me! Gently flowing organic curves and just a little eccentricity to keep it interesting (eccentric scale thickness, harpoonish sheeps-footish blade, unique overtravel mechanism). Honestly, I like the poo brown color and I may be the only soul alive that actially *appreciates* the pocket clip!

Look at the profile pic--yummy! Narrow = great in the pocket.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Whoops. I didn't mean to write a whole review! :D

Also know that I love the Native 5LW and have huge respect for the PM2 as a functional cutting tool. The Southard is just on another level.

Last edited:
My favorite spyderco is the pacific salt. Not so much because it is perfect but because it gets way more real use than any other.

uxo2 uxo2

That patina is SWEEET! Was it natural or did you force it?

When I first received the knife I did force it.
Then I polished it off with Flitz to bright and shinny.

This patina took months of cutting various foods.
Food prep...Acidic fruits..... Bloody meats, Chilis and everything in between.

4th of July is when it started to patina.
I helped my daughter slice 40 lemons for her lemonade recipe.
On its way to dark grey.

t4a4Xc6.jpg

Dragonfly salt SE.

It cuts anything I need it to, fits perfectly in hand, easy to sharpen...yes its easy to sharpen its only ground one one side and its a super short blade. Lock up is excellent, clips perfect, love the color and it cant rust. I own several and its probably my hardest used knife. I use it in the garden, doing carpentry, at the beach, camping, fishing EDC. Its just perfect IMO all the blade you realistically need for everyday life.
elUmSFk.jpg

(personal rant for people that use their weapons for self defense and think a knife needs to do everything in all categories in order to be perfect)
"but you cant use it for self defense!" well, I suppose you could, I watched a video by Mr. Janich demonstration the cutting power of small blades against a simulated Human arm with clothing on it. The tiny knife cut straight through to the bone around the simulated arm. Causing a very traumatic wound, I believe it was a delica in the demo but the DF is a tad smaller but with way my cutting power due to the serrations. That said, my knives are tools and not for self defense.... "But what if you had to defend yourself?"... since I am not a trained knife fighter and dont plan on going to jail with using a deadly weapon ...my sneakers for running away work great, im pretty quick :). "yea sure,,,but what if you had to use it?"... well if running away doesn't work I suppose, my fists, then pepper spray and if you had no real alternative I suppose one of my many firearms. (rant over , sorry in advance)

Its the best knife ever and I cant wait for the new hawkbill version to add to the collection. I plan on getting a few and modding them for fun .

Delica for me. I just find that I gravitate back to the Delica no matter what I rotate to. It has the best size and light weight which is a compromise that fits most of my everyday tasks. I had a bit of trouble finding a sharpening method that worked with the VG10 steel but I have that conquered now and get the shaving sharp edge that everyone states is easy to obtain with that steel. I used to like larger knives and still do, but find them a pain to carry now with everything else that has to go into my pockets.

Reactions: 353
Pacific Salt and very very close behind, the Spyderhawk Salt
They just have all I look for in an EDC (light weight, easy to open, around 4 inches, sturdy lock, thin in pocket, grippy handles, easy to touch up, tough steel, corrosion resistance and swappable clip)

sVbjORb.jpg

The tasman Salt and Dragonfly Salt are next, as they are a tad shorter but very capable and tick most of the boxes above

wpvF9Rx.jpg

Back