What is your grail folding knife?

Somehow or other I've been sucked into the knife rabbit hole and have been reading about them for much longer than I'd care to admit. If you're a regular on this forum, chances are you're not only much more knowledgeable about knives, but have also spent much more time with a number of blades. Thus, I'm curious as to what your grail folding knife is, assuming price is no object.

To keep answers on the same page, let's exclude historic artifacts (like the first Sebenza ever made, or a knife with which Caesar was stabbed - though I doubt it was a folding knife!).

Cheers!

You know even though price is no object. No other knife is interesting me more than the spyderco domino. Its kinda hard to find around here though

When I was a kid the one folding knife I wanted more than anything was a buck 110, and I currently have one on my hip.

i've been on the lookout for a Tom Mayo large TNT for a long time. A Scott Cook Lochsa as well

You know even though price is no object. No other knife is interesting me more than the spyderco domino. Its kinda hard to find around here though

I hear that. The Domino (while not my grail) is in my top five.

Spyderco Military in H1 steel. But they don't make it yet though.

Would have to be a big thicker near the pint or have swedge on the tip end above the point for sturdiness,

Something similar to this H1 Salt 1 mod by Krein Regrind:

DSC00605.JPG

Of if CRK would have one in H1 steel

Love the domino. I have one listed for sale on the exchange If your interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id love a large insingo with a river of fire damascus blade....now only if they made one...

When I was a kid the one folding knife I wanted more than anything was a buck 110, and I currently have one on my hip.

I'm very close to this too. The (stock) 110 is my second most commonly carried knife.

I'm lucky and could afford to buy just about any production knife made if I choose to. But I don't.

I've found that when people say "price is no object" what they really mean is price is very much the object and the higher the price, the better.

A knife is a tool, and if we don't treat our tools with a certain familiar contempt, we lose perspective. - Bob Loveless

my Grails are all just carbon fiber. for example a diaware with full slab of carbon fiber.
Jerry Moen Blue Max.
Curtiss F3 in full carbon fiber scale
Jake hobak with full carbon scales
Shogorvnov carbon fiber canabs (and other models)

id love to have a Rad Knives cleaver full carbon fiber or otherwise, but that will never happen, so its not my grail.

Last edited:
Nothing in a folder. It's taken me perhaps 60 knives or more — and hey, who's counting? — to discover what I truly like and use.

What? Oh, a Vic Classic and a 4-blade camper pattern. Sometimes I carry others, but those two taken together are home base for me.

Back