What is your least favorite knife that you would use and definitely can't even find because...

To borrow a Barlowism, I'm in, thanks for the chance!

This weekend we were on a plane to Arizona. My adorable 3 yr old son was flirting with the gorgeous blonde college girl sitting in the seat behind us.
Then he looks at her and says, "I just farted on the plane." The look on her face has had me laughing ever since. She just had no idea what to do with that information. Quite possibly the greatest moment of my life.

Do I win?

Last edited:
The BK 5 I said I would never get because it was absconded with for RV trips and a cow or two about to be done up.

Hey first knife related post the OP wanted to see Tacti-typed about!

Last edited:
A knock off Mora that I didn't know was a knock off Mora that I bought for 3 bucks on the bay untill it showed up. Then as I was complaining about how crappy the blade was I cut myself it was so sharp!!! I threw it across the yard and it went into the woods. I have looked a few times but can't find it. I bet if I searched without my shoes on I would.

A knock off Mora that I didn't know was a knock off Mora that I bought for 3 bucks on the bay untill it showed up. Then as I was complaining about how crappy the blade was I cut myself it was so sharp!!! I threw it across the yard and it went into the woods. I have looked a few times but can't find it. I bet if I searched without my shoes on I would.

Too funny. What kind of profit margin are they looking at with knock off Moras??

Hmmm.... I am trying to process the question. So basically, what is your least favorite knife that you would still use if it still happened to be nearby...

I don't know that I have an answer for that. I know that I had a Ka-Bar Camp knife a few years back that I keep trying to look for unsuccessfully. I cannot, for the life of me, remember what happened to it. Did I loan it out? Did I lose it in a move? Did I misplace it permanently?

Drives me nuts every time I think about it, it was one hell of a good knife. Tough as nails and took a wicked edge. I loaned it to my brother in law once shortly after I bought it and he returned it to me all beat to hell. He had used the spine to hammer tent stakes, the pommel to break rocks, and he cut pretty anything that needed cutting with it, the finish was rather worn. All of this from a single trip!

Needless to say, I sharpened it back up, gave her a good cleaning/oiling, and back on the belt she went. Such a good knife, maybe a bit ugly to some, but it was one hell of a good user. I hope mine turns up again and if not, I hope that I can find another one, one of these days.

Picture for reference.

KN68hpm.jpg

Once I wished I had a Randall that I'd heard about but turns out it was something completely different so I didn't want it anymore and then later I wanted something else but didn't get that either even though it was what I thought it was.

Sometime later, I discovered punctuation.

Instructions unclear, am now stuck in washing machine.

More seriously, my Boker Plus G4 that, in an event that still confuses me, I managed to misplace in the glove compartment of my car. Not a large area, and I swear I put it in there, but now nowhere to be found.

Purple!
That’s gotta be right this time...

Edit*
-If you wanna play in texas you’ve gotta have a fiddle in the band. That lead guitar is hot, but not for Louisiana Man. So rosin up that bow for Faded Love and lets all dance. If you’re gonna play in Texas you gotta have a fiddle in the band.

Nailed it!!

Last edited:
Back in the early 90's I bought a 1981 Chevy pickup and stuffed in the seat springs I found an Ontario Pilot Survival knife. It had a date stamped on it that put it in the Viet Nam era. IIRC, it was 1967 or 68.

It was in good shape and I tried to like it but couldn't. The grind, edge geometry and the fact that it didn't hold an edge made me dislike it.

I gave it to my son when he was in his mid teens and somehow it didn't make it back from a camping trip in West Virginia.

Far from my favorite knife and I have no use for one but, if one from the same era came around for the right price I'd probably replace it.

Buck 120. You know the logo with knife and hammer? They probably aren't meant for steel hammer batoning, cause the tip popped off from "cyclical loading" as we say in ironwork terms. I reshaped the tip, but my Buck 120 is now about a Buck 87.5 Gotta find the camera, the knife, and get pics, or else, you know....it never happened. Somewhere I think I have the tip...
...to be edited...
Ah, there it is!
jQL0htx.jpg

qavFDKt.jpg

EhZnih5.jpg

l9dq4vz.jpg

The tip is still M.I.A.

Last edited:
What do you call those cheesy little French wooden handled things............. Opinel !, ya. Likely the last knife in the world that I would trust my life to outdoors. If they didn't slice gorgeous feather sticks and get forgotten about in pocket, I would light them all on fire and put them out through urination. So of course I have an Opinel 12 also. :rolleyes: Hey...........I used to get off on ''The Twilight Zone'' as a kid, and my kinks didn't straighten out much since.

Back