What is your most preferred size for an EDC folder?

I live in Chicago, so legally 2.5". I try to get most of my custom knives 3" if I have a choice. If not custom, Benchmade, Spyderco ETC the most I am comfortable with is 3-1/2". I am speaking of folders of course. For a Fixed blade I do not mind a Sword.

Anywhere between 2.75" -4.25" depending on style of knife. Also prefer a larger folder in urban areas along with around a 3" fixed blade. In rural settings I go for big fixed and smaller folders!

~2.75-3.5" blade length for my "main" folder. That'd be the one clipped to my right front pocket. I tend to use one of my other pocket knives more though, usually a G.Sakai Preppy or whatever traditional folder fulfills my whim that day (typically ~3.5" closed).

The handle is where the control is.....3" blade is fine. The Ontario Rat 2 D2.
The Rat 2 handle is perfect. The size, the shape, it's thin. Can't beat the blade steel and shape.

Im in realm of a 3.25-3.6 inch blade. Zt 0566, 0562, 0801. Spyderco manix 2. Cold steel American lawman, air lite. In that range.

Less active now so a 3" blade just fits me fine. Although I carry some with slightly less length. With that, the handle feel is just as important, I like a somewhat flat handle that is not too thick. Light is a plus.

2.75”-3.75” works for me
For office edc 2.75-3.1” is fine, otherwise 3.3”-3.6” is a great all around length for my needs

For a long time I preferred +/- 3” blades, even though I had no legal restrictions on blade length.

for whatever reason I’m more into blades at or slightly above 3.5” now, what I consider a full size folder. ATM 3.6” is a sweet spot for me too.

Anything more than 3.75 still seems too big for my tastes, but I’m always willing to reconsider. :)

3ish or so inches will handle most anything I run into. Smaller is ok, much larger is not.

I have become attached to my Large Sebenza 21 as the perfect carry theses days! 3.6 or 3.7'' if I remember right!:confused:

Back