What is your rarest Spyderco??

Made in USA 440c steel Meerkat. Used but new to me and not common at all any more.

Attachments

• IMG_3139.jpg
    IMG_3139.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 61
I've only started collecting in the last couple years, so my standard for rarity is pretty low. That being said, I think my rarest would probably be my CF Balance, CF Dodo, Blue Meerkat, and ZDP and TI Lum Chinese Folders. Maybe the Zulu as well. My only basis for the rarity of these is how often I see them come up for sale though.

Not really rare, but it's still in pack. Still have it because I just can't force myself to give it away, but neither will I ever carry it or use it.

Spyderco%2520Native%2520Sprint%2520%28OIF%29.jpg

I emailed Spyderco to ask if they had any old stock. I have been looking for the OIF and OEF to commemorate my 03-04/05-06 deployments to each.

ParaMilitary2 S90/CPM-154 Composite Blade CF
Chinook II S30V G-10
Native II AUS-10 SS

Not that rare maybe, but I do own the Military sprints that have been available over the last 10 years or so (with the notable exception of the Cruwear). I also have a Kris (that I dearly love) and a JaniSong (production item, but subject to stupid import laws).

I have 2 M4 Millies. There were only 500 made, so there are only 498 others. One is BNIB. Also have 2 M390 Millies. That run was 1000, I believe. One is BNIB. Not THE rarest Spydercos, but MY rarest. :)
My rarest is a FrankenMillie with M390 blade and CF/Ti handles. To my knowledge, only one piece was ever created (by myself :))

Last edited:
SpydercoLaguiole

Information below, found on the Spyderco forum.

Denis Lemaire was an creative French Canadian cutlery designer, maker, and friend of Spyderco. In the early '90s Spyderco made a French-style Laguiole model which Denis had engineered and designed. He was adept at producing innovative concepts and was well-acquainted with French influenced cutlery designs. A folder named the AKMA was one of his inventions and is produced today by Florinox Cutlery of Thiers, France.

The Spyderco Laguiole debuted as a high-tech version of a time-honored design. It featured:

~ A front lock (developed by Al Mar and Harvey McBurnette), the first ever lock-back Laguiole
~ A handle of black Micarta with brass liners
~ Blade steel was G-2
~ The traditional Laguiole "bee" found its' appearance underwent a subtle, buggy make-over
~ Notably absent were the Spyderco round hole and a pocket clip
~ Notably present, Spyderco serrations
~ It came with a tooled leather belt sheath
~ Spyderco's French design was manufactured under the Ramco label in Seki City, Japan
The Laguiole was discontinued in 1995-1996 and the MSRP at that time was $119.95, the sheath $19.95.

Strange knife, a French design, Americanized with serrations and made in Japan....

Joyce

SpydercoLaguiole

Information below, found on the Spyderco forum.

Denis Lemaire was an creative French Canadian cutlery designer, maker, and friend of Spyderco. In the early '90s Spyderco made a French-style Laguiole model which Denis had engineered and designed. He was adept at producing innovative concepts and was well-acquainted with French influenced cutlery designs. A folder named the AKMA was one of his inventions and is produced today by Florinox Cutlery of Thiers, France.

The Spyderco Laguiole debuted as a high-tech version of a time-honored design. It featured:

~ A front lock (developed by Al Mar and Harvey McBurnette), the first ever lock-back Laguiole
~ A handle of black Micarta with brass liners
~ Blade steel was G-2
~ The traditional Laguiole "bee" found its' appearance underwent a subtle, buggy make-over
~ Notably absent were the Spyderco round hole and a pocket clip
~ Notably present, Spyderco serrations
~ It came with a tooled leather belt sheath
~ Spyderco's French design was manufactured under the Ramco label in Seki City, Japan
The Laguiole was discontinued in 1995-1996 and the MSRP at that time was $119.95, the sheath $19.95.

Strange knife, a French design, Americanized with serrations and made in Japan....

Joyce

Fantastic.
I've had your photos there saved to my hard drive for quite some time now! ;) love the buggy bee.

Probably not super rare but it is the rarest one I currently own, sorry about the photo.

Back