What is your sharpest blade?

This old Case Tested Grand Daddy is amazingly sharp, never had a knife with an edge like this one.
IMG_3817_zpsaplpuewo.jpg

Sharpest? That's a tough one. This Queen half-whittler is probably in the running.

That's a nice one Augie. I like that saw-cut bone. Those old Case knives did take a great edge and held it for some time. Plenty of character in the blade too.

I'll second the Le Compact by Chambriard as well, have one now with Juniper wood, but have had a family of them and all would take an exceptional edge.

G2

Last edited:
I dunno. Let me check my pocket.
Tonight it's a Case Wharncliffe Trapper in Tru-sharp.

I kind of don't have a "sharpest knife". If it's in my pocket, it's sharp, else I wouldn't be carrying it.

In case talking about razors isn't appropriate for this thread - my *second* sharpest blade is probably my handmade Japanese blacksmith kitchen knife. A joy to use - for cooking. ;)

Easily my yoshihiro yanagi. Japanese knives come fairly sharp out of the box, but you know that's not good enough!

I was thinking it was a two way tie on traditionals but I always forget about my incredible humble Opinels! It's a three way tie between my new Buck 301, my old Robeson slim line Trapper, and my Opinel #7! Great job on that Opinel by the way! On fixed blades my still new Mora #2 Classic. That one defiantly gives my the willies!

Last edited:
I have a Marbles Stockman style knife that came out of the box stupid sharp and when it gets a little dull a few passes over the strop it is right back to stupid sharp again.

i have a bunch of knives that seem fairly sharp, but the sharpest was this used queen slim trapper i bought on ebay. Seller said he sharpened it before selling and I thought ok why not. Tested the edge gently on my thumb, slice :(

An unexpensive carbon blade fishtail Parapluie. Tomato and egg slayer!

Back