What kind of folder do you carry?

Chip, are you responsible for the Steel Warrior? I mean, who else could it be? Alla them whittlers...
Busted! Glad it made it to you safe and sound... I knew you liked spear point main blades and lockback whittlers...figured it was going to a good home;)

Last edited:
Hey Chip, what gas turbines are you running? Smaller GE LM or Saturn? Not too many 29MW units out there with HRSGs.

Hey Chip, what gas turbines are you running? Smaller GE LM or Saturn? Not too many 29MW units out there with HRSGs.
LM6000's, one PA (Peaker) and one PC with SPRINT...the PC is the combined cycle which is currently being driven by ISO as far as load goes for grid balancing. If they want full load I take local control and jam it to the firewall;)

29MW on that 6000 is barely above the idle detent. Our Trents wouldn't like that for too long (if bleed valves weren't shut yet or still in primary fuelling). They were better if you ramped them up then settled back down though.

Next time you are on the firewall, go get us a picture of the hot section casing at night time.

29MW on that 6000 is barely above the idle detent. Our Trents wouldn't like that for too long (if bleed valves weren't shut yet or still in primary fuelling). They were better if you ramped them up then settled back down though.
We're kinda weird here, we're set up for black start so we can actually go asynchronous and island all by ourselves. I've had the Utility kick us off the grid for problems on their end and had the unit cruising at like 7 MW (house load plus the sewer plant next door that we supply power/steam) for a couple hours until they figured out their problem.

Also had our main gas supply to the plant slam shut one day...the PC didn't flame out until like 15psi:eek:

Next time you are on the firewall, go get us a picture of the hot section casing at night time.
I did send @Nathan the Machinist a video of the bubbles escaping during the last offline waterwash:D

Last edited:
today308.jpg

The same as yesterday... Marc George's flat crank, old iron sandwich blade 125sc, burr-frene plates

Back