What kind of folder do you carry?

today754.jpg

1JKOv0l.jpg

My wife somehow managed to snag one of these and surprised me with it last night. Carried it today and I love it! It’s a beast of a blade if you’re used to the pm2 with the ffg blade. I only was able to use it for a box that was delivered at lunch time. I would recommend this one for anyone who likes good work knives, tantos, or knives in general lol.

WValtakis WValtakis - Thanks! That's a little casting project my daughter and I did last year. It's actually my workbench stand for the iPad.

Bunch of miscellaneous hardware from around the shop plus a Leatherman, the old Ecozilla I wore for 8 years and a Cold Steel folder hidden in the back. It was the first casting project I ever did and knowing what I know now I would have staged the watch a little better because it got buried.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

WValtakis WValtakis - Thanks! That's a little casting project my daughter and I did last year. It's actually my workbench stand for the iPad.

Bunch of miscellaneous hardware from around the shop plus a Leatherman, the old Ecozilla I wore for 8 years and a Cold Steel folder hidden in the back. It was the first casting project I ever did and knowing what I know now I would have staged the watch a little better because it got buried.

View attachment 1509488

View attachment 1509489

View attachment 1509490

View attachment 1509491
man, that would drive me nuts! Needing JUST that size washer, nut or bolt- nowhere to be found anywhere in the shop... except in the resin:eek::(:mad:

View attachment 1509488

View attachment 1509489

View attachment 1509490

View attachment 1509491

That is so cool. Is there a youtube instruction video on how to make stuff like that with that resin?

That is so cool. Is there a youtube instruction video on how to make stuff like that with that resin?

Thanks! I'm not sure but I bet there is. Just search resin casting or something to that effect. I have been using 2 part resin forever and had the general idea. I just researched the type of plastic to use as a container and ended up using polyethylene, it worked well but I wish I'd have used a release agent. I did need to do some sanding and polishing and probably could have gone further but I was happy. It has a much more "watery" look in person than the pictures convey and you don't see the flaws without really close inspection.

Back