What kind of folder do you carry?

It's never too late...and there's never enough time to know it all.

My grandfather gave me my first knives when I was a young boy in the late 1950's...and I've still only scraped the surface...so to speak.

The more you learn, the more you realize how much more there is to learn. About the knives, about the processes, about the craft.

I imagine "Fearless Leader", (that's you, at @Nathan the Machinist), probably knows that better than most all of us.
I watched his long youtube video and i was sold. I could tell how passionate he was about the craft. I don’t need another folder or kukri, but i can see myself picking up another.. if the wife doesnt kill me first 😁

2TwGQQN.jpg

I've tried so hard to like this knife, but it's been a real challenge. The straight edge profile is awkward to use, up until last night the assist function wasn't functional, and the D2 blade pitted an incredible amount and just doesn't seem to ever take or hold a great edge. It got stripped right down last night, cleaned and lubed and functions as it should. But it still sucks. I don't know why I like it, but I guess I sort of do

Reminds me of the Elishewitz in this old group photo of some of my Benchmades. (Some no longer in my possession.)

I don't think I've ever carried it. I was on an M2 kick at the time, and it wasn't chisel ground, which was different from others at the time.

Benchmade2.jpg

Love those old Benchmade AFCKs! - I carried one of those for quite a few years...
I still have mine. Large and small in M2.

It had special meaning for me. The AFCK co-designer was Chris Caracci (former SEAL and later police officer).

He was my first SWAT school instructor when I went through the program via the Ft. Lauderdale P.D. We used to get training from and with various military, federal, state and local SWAT teams to get our team trained up. SEALS, SAS, GSG-9, etc. Our (federal) team was a part time gig in addition to investigative duties.

(This preceded the release of the knife by some years. Later after I had bought it, and carried it on and off the job for some time, I found out about its association with Chris. BTW, Chris Caracci, back in the early days, used to have a sub-forum here on bladeforums for a period of time. It was a trip running into him again back then.)

Reminds me of the Elishewitz in this old group photo of some of my Benchmades. (Some no longer in my possession.)

I don't think I've ever carried it. I was on an M2 kick at the time, and it wasn't chisel ground, which was different from others at the time.

View attachment 1604927
Ahhh, The bencmade Stryker. That was my first "good" knife. I used that thing for a few years before breaking the tip off of it doing something dumb. I followed that one up with a BM Pardue 722 axis lock tanto, that one is one of my all time favorites Benchmade knives.

Back