What kind of folder do you carry?

7G74I4x.jpg

20211216_125139_copy_756x1008.jpg
Cold Steel AD-15.

Was curious about the Demko Scorpion lock and I like it. Ambidextrous 1-handed operation (also like that it can be closed while keeping all fingers out of the way of the blade/edge).

Decent blade profile for a strong all-purpose folder. Not as thin and slicey as the Spydie PM2.0, but would make a good substitute for my ZT0562 (Hinderer collaboration). The blade shapes, thickness and bevels are pretty comparable, but I'm really liking the Scorpion lock. Lockup is solid with no blade play.

Any particular reason?
Thinner blade stock that cuts better mainly, I don’t need a 3/16" thick blade in a folder. The 20.5 is also way more pocketable both in overall size and thickness, far more likely to get carried and used around the house.

Thinner blade stock that cuts better mainly, I don’t need a 3/16" thick blade in a folder. The 20.5 is also way more pocketable both in overall size and thickness, far more likely to get carried and used around the house.
Ah. Understood. In my case, like the ZT0562, I like the ~3.5 - 4" blade folders for a multi use backwoods folder. The regular backwoods setup is a Silky saw, the CPK MC and a folder.

While the folder is mostly for when I really find the MC too big/cumbersome (which isn't often, as I'm used to using large camp knives in the 9" - 10" range, and Gyutos in the 270 - 290mm range), I also prefer carrying a folder that I can depend on if I somehow lost the MC while in the boonies (hence the preference for somewhat stout + strong locking mechanism).

Back