What kind of folder do you carry?

The Lum-Tanto's been getting a lot of trekking pocket time lately. It has improved by leaps and bounds over the state which it originally came out of the box. I reckon that some of the folks who read the initial discouraging reports about this pattern who gave up and sent theirs right back to BHQ may regret that decision as time passes by, unless they had received a defective turd!

i2zusk7.jpg

GEC 25 Tidioute trim in Pioneer Bone. Perfect small utility piece to complement my fixed blades.

I’m so used to the Paramilitary 2 that the blade shape on these look a bit goofy.
Hopefully that’ll wear off after a while.
You will get used to the Para3 blade shape. PM2 has the same blade height as Para3. PM2 just have a more gentle drop to the tip as it has a slightly longer blade.

Another excuse for me to post another picture LOL

25907983587_65edd141dd_k_d.jpg

Last edited:
You will get used to the Para3 blade shape. PM2 has the same blade height as Para3. PM2 just a more gentle drop to the tip as it has a slightly longer blade.

Another excuse for me to post another picture LOL

25907983587_65edd141dd_k_d.jpg
That’s a good looking combo.

I think I may need to hunt down another S35vn PM2 to go with the Para3.
I love the steel and scale color on those.

I rotate a few, including a ZT 0562, a Hinderer XM-18, but mostly lately count me as another Spyderco PM-2. I have a couple of fancy ones, like the red sprint run in M390, but what I carry is a plain Jane PM-2 with a CPM S30V blade and camo G10 scales.

34h718j.jpg

2lselwx.jpg

I got it for under $90 new and IMO would be pretty hard to beat. I like the blade shape, it keeps a sharp edge a long time, and while it is not trivial to sharpen, it is a lot easier than some other steels.

My only quibbles are too many sharp edges - the spine of the blade (as with just about EVERY blade) should be rounded, and ditto for the G1- scales. And a swedge would be nice for appearance's sake.

Back