What kind of folder do you carry?

057A5033-D53F-41DE-AE7B-D55524823109.jpeg 2D40AA96-24FF-4E96-B38A-FEF79648C01E.jpeg Happy to have picked up this Lightfoot “Suppressor” at Blade and swapping Hog hunting stories with Greg. Check out the asymmetric grind along the spine.....exudes coolness:D but leave some meat on the tip making for a stabby hog sticker :thumbsup:
Also have the new Diskin flipper on order.

Last edited:
View attachment 1141754 View attachment 1141753 Happy to have picked up this Lightfoot “Suppressor” at Blade and swapping Hog hunting stories with Greg. Check out the asymmetric grind along the spine.....exudes coolness:D but leave some meat on the tip making for a stabby hog sticker :thumbsup:
Also have the new Diskin flipper on order.
I think you'll like an upcoming Lightfoot/Loriendesign co-lab, it shares some characteristics with this knife. A little smaller

as for the Diskin, great choice! The man creates some of the most mechanically sound and ergonomically considerate knives out there. I can't wait to see him again, at Blade West. He's a cool guy

I also went through a MAJOR purge recently, selling off any and all over $1K safe-queen Shiros because although very exquisite (the full custom Shiro owners will laugh at me, but heck!) to look at, they were just that, to look at! So this is it boys and girls, the extent of my over $200 folders, EDC stuff:

EgIJ4hw.jpg

The GB1 was recently acquired but upon its examination, something didn't sit right with me as it was previously customized (added choil notches, drilled lockbar inserts for weight reduction, sterilization, etc) and had kinda weak detent so off to @razor-edge-knives she went and as always Josh did a superb job (THANKS JOSH) to make it as best as he could, buttery smooth and snappy action with much stronger detent (I can only deploy if I'm pretending that I'm throwing a couple of fastballs which is how my Shiro 85T is like but the NeOn Zero does not budge under any circumstance!). The acquisition of the GB1 will not satiate my thirst to spend a few $$$ here and there on some others, welp maybe :D

UX7Ga9B.jpg

The last few months I've carried a Monterey Bay Knives Laconico EZC. Great little slicer.

20190610_122347~01.jpg

new release of the PM2 in Maxamet is in. The stone washing on this is really second to none. Not only is it very fine grained, but the softening around all the edges that aren't supposed to be sharp is just fantastic. On par with some much more expensive steel...

This copy is very, very nice. If this is representative of all the new release PM2s in Maxamet, then the big Spyder has clearly sorted out the manufacturing problems on this one.

Austin sent his Mark folder back with Mark to the shop for some love, sharpening, add a swedge, and whatever else they talked about. @Nathanthemachinist and he were scrutinizing it at the show. I would love to hear what they (Mark and/or Nathan) noticed through their eyes at first glance, and what they see and find once it's taken apart. They appeared to be enjoying scrutinizing it at the show....

By most peoples standards it has been used very hard, daily for over 2 years on construction sites and farm use, hunting use, as well as traveled through the American west at least twice. It's been hit upon with a framing hammer, vise grip, pipes, and numerous other implements for "batoning" through steel straps, PVC pipe, copper, etc.... It's been a chisel, screwdriver, wedge, shim, snips, splinter remover, and who knows what else when I was not around....

This knife meets all the criteria "if there is any" for my definition of a "hard use" folder. Austin said he feels naked without it, and has been carrying the original Field knife scout style until this beloved folder returns. His "big" folder is his Miller Bros folder. That thing should come with wheels! :);):cool:o_O

Sumthin’ fancy this way comes.

View attachment 1144458

I’d like to find another example of a PM2 as mechanically sound as this one, but in a different steel. I’d buy it.

Fortunately for you, the PM2 comes in more steel variety than any other knife pattern which I can think of! Too bad that M4 is not a perfectly suitable steel for your environment. I have no experiences with Maxamet or Rex-45, but I'm sure that other forumites can chime in.

Last edited:
Back