What kind of folder do you carry?

Skinny Slicer always, and the FK2 :cool:
7eRJ8ZA.jpg

Why is it mushy?

^ Yeah, I was just referencing a Nathan quote. :)

I fell out of love with stainless a long time ago when I found a rolled edge cutting some soft wood with a 204P blade (same flavor as M390, Carpenter's equivalent). So now I say I can tolerate it, especially on a platform like this little thing.

Then I discovered the joys of M4 edge stability while carving on some super hard wood. And I think sometime around then, I ponied up for some North Carolina knife with special forces steel (delta something). And sometime after that my checking account started making whooshing sounds. :confused::)

I'm with Nathan here on preferring my steel on the harder side of things for edge retention. I prefer to sharpen less often, even if each sharpening session takes a little longer.

I'm a huge fan of the 3V in my BRKT so I really can't wait to try out D3V since it sounds even better!

I'm sure it's much better now. But if his Inkosi Large feels pretty soft, it probably is. Chris was known to run his stuff on the soft side. His reasoning being easier to sharpen. I run mine on the hard side, my reasoning being improved edge stability allows rougher use in thinner sections due to the higher yield strength of the harder steel. And I've never had any problems sharpening it due to a pretty good sharpening stone setup. But some people may prefer softer steel. *shrug* Different strokes for different folks.
Agreed and point taken.
There are so many readily available and relatively inexpensive sharpening tools to tackle harder steels these days (even for relative beginners like me) that there’s little point in running a steel at a lower than optimal hardness. I only have a small 21 that is used for small daily chores. I like it fine for that use. And I love the Insingo blade shape in that form factor.

Sharpening/honing D3V has been an absolute joy.

ETA: i have even found that I get better results stropping D3V than some of my softer steels. Possibly because my skills are still so meager that I’m prone to rounding off the apex on softer steels...

Last edited:
Small Sebenza 21 for me. Of all the folders I've owned and used in the past, I always come back to this one. Simple, tough, easy to maintain. Everything I need in an EDC folder and nothing I don't. Although I am curious to see what folder CPK might come out with in the future.

Small Sebenza 21 for me. Of all the folders I've owned and used in the past, I always come back to this one. Simple, tough, easy to maintain. Everything I need in an EDC folder and nothing I don't. Although I am curious to see what folder CPK might come out with in the future.

Get yourself one of the CPK mugs... :D

I recently had to replace mine. Mornings are so much better again...:cool:

For those of you who wonder about the Spyderco Military vs their Police 4 in K390, here's a pictorial. I tried to line 'em up as equally as possible although the camera angle makes them look otherwise but trusstme/don't trust me on this! I loathe most Spyderco crap-like clips so on the Police 4, on went a longer MXG Gear clip but had to use the Spydie steel hardware as the blackened MXG hardware was too thin for the clip holes. Ah welp!

32PV4h8.jpg

Ey9A1Vu.jpg

7nHbjWe.jpg

8WkPI7n.jpg

1WQ6Hsu.jpg

KG8WMOJ.jpg

MPqVSbY.jpg

Back