What kind of folder do you carry?

always wanted the full size ontario, but I got the mini one and I love it, even though it's not really a practical knife for what I'm usually up to
Have you had a chance to handle a the full-sized one? The reason I ask is because if you have not, I'd be happy to send mine to you to play with for a short time. Generally speaking, more knives in more hands is a very good thing. Let me know if you want to borrow it. :)

Have you had a chance to handle a the full-sized one? The reason I ask is because if you have not, I'd be happy to send mine to you to play with for a short time. Generally speaking, more knives in more hands is a very good thing. Let me know if you want to borrow it. :)
that's super nice of you, thanks very much!

I kind of fell down the GEC hole recently, when I told myself I was going to look for and finally buy a EDC2, but I guess that happens sometimes... But I think I’m going to be ok as these two are really the only ones I like and have any desire to own. I’m good with a couple traditionals and no more. I present to you the Eureka Jack 92 Goldenrod Antique Camel Bone and Oil Field Jack 86 Sucker Rod Wood.
8PvUP9S.jpg

N5BeyMs.jpg

I'm still very conflicted...the action on the Shiro definitely has something that the MILK is lacking, but the pocket clip on the MILK is sooooo pocket friendly. The Shiro is ground a touch thinner behind the edge, but I could fix that on the MILK.

Screenshot_20191119-152849_Gallery~2.jpg

You ever get that pm2 modded?

I’ll admit sadly, no. It’s in the box still, sitting there since the day it arrived back from a modder who didn’t want to work on it as the blade is a little off center.

I need to get scales for it to see if the the blade becomes centered if I want to carry it. So I put it aside for now.

I’m currently working on another batch of CPK scales and waiting for some CPK hardware to come back from DLC coating.

Once I wrap up CPK stuff (is it possible?) I’ll get some attention back on the PM2.

My standard go to folders. Minus the Shiro, which lasted almost a week! WValtakis WValtakis I couldn't get over the clip... I know you're struggling too. Sucks because the blade profile, action, and finish are so good.
Yup, still going back and forth with the Hati...and the pocketclip is one of the biggies. Even on thinner hems it still requires a little attention to get it started sometimes.

I'm doing a little more tuning on the MILK (which has a phenomenal milled clip) so the jury is definitely still out, if I can get the action dialed in the Shiro is destined for trade fodder;)

My standard go to folders. Minus the Shiro, which lasted almost a week! WValtakis WValtakis I couldn't get over the clip... I know you're struggling too. Sucks because the blade profile, action, and finish are so good.

May I ask, what don’t you like about the clip?

I had my zero about a week before it was sold. I got 3 in from the fist batch. Haven’t seen any since.

May I ask, what don’t you like about the clip?

I had my zero about a week before it was sold. I got 3 in from the fist batch. Haven’t seen any since.

It wouldn't slide into jeans or khakis. Dress slacks it worked fine. Pocketing with the clip was almost a two hand affair. Even the millit pieces on those crk are way easier to get in and out. After a few days of dropping it into my pocket I really missed my knife not being mixed in with all the clutter I keep in there.

It wouldn't slide into jeans or khakis. Dress slacks it worked fine. Pocketing with the clip was almost a two hand affair. Even the millit pieces on those crk are way easier to get in and out. After a few days of dropping it into my pocket I really missed my knife not being mixed in with all the clutter I keep in there.

Ahhh ok gotcha. I didn’t attempt to pocket a Zero as upon opening the box I was fairly confident it wasn’t gonna be a keeper.

FWIW:

I’ve carried a standard NeOn for years and haven’t had any problem pocketing them. My HaTiOn is also mechanically superior to any example of the Zero I had.

Back