What kind of folder do you carry?

Really digging this thing, may as well stick these trit vials here until I get around to milling the backspacer;)

screenshot_20191211-194747_photos-2-jpg.1247625

I'm not an EDC kinda guy (my office job basically prohibits it) so my folders only came with me when going into the outdoors.

Just reporting in to say that ever since I received my HDFK, all my folders haven't been used a single time. The FK2 is waiting for me at the post office - I don't know who will get more hip time. Most likely HDFK in the winter and FK2 in the summer.

These two are way outta my wheelhouse. Let’s see...I don’t do flippers, bearings, autos...what happens when I trash all my buying filters? :)

I was pretty impressed with the build quality when I finally got to handle a Hinderer. Had to try one, and I’m really enjoying the XM18. The triway system is pretty brilliant. I also happen to be a big Wharnie fan, so...

I’ve ignored Microtech in my knife life like I do fast food seafood places...just don’t even see them. But I watched a review that highlighted these things have real, actual cutting geometry and thought, welllll. 0.010 BTE. Solid design. Fires hard...so hard my son dropped it on my brick/tile patio the day I got it. :(

I’m a little amazed that Microtech can make basically the same model(s) for decades, and still sell the snot out of them. Let’s hope Nathan doesn’t do that! ;) (no worries said the White Board)

X8rTdwll.jpg

These two are way outta my wheelhouse. Let’s see...I don’t do flippers, bearings, autos...what happens when I trash all my buying filters? :)

I was pretty impressed with the build quality when I finally got to handle a Hinderer. Had to try one, and I’m really enjoying the XM18. The triway system is pretty brilliant. I also happen to be a big Wharnie fan, so...

I’ve ignored Microtech in my knife life like I do fast food seafood places...just don’t even see them. But I watched a review that highlighted these things have real, actual cutting geometry and thought, welllll. 0.010 BTE. Solid design. Fires hard...so hard my son dropped it on my brick/tile patio the day I got it. :(

I’m a little amazed that Microtech can make basically the same model(s) for decades, and still sell the snot out of them. Let’s hope Nathan doesn’t do that! ;) (no worries said the White Board)

X8rTdwll.jpg
Microtech definitely has some hard firing autos. My SEAL Scarab is the hardest firing DA OTF I've handled. The plus side is that it takes such a firm push, that you're gripping it pretty solidly, minimizing the chances of dropping it.

The only OTFs I've tried that fired harder were SA (the 2-handed closing allowed for a ridiculously strong spring).

Yikes. If the material is zirconium, I hope you have some diamond coated bits, 'cuz I don't think regular metal will work too well.
From what I understand, the base metal zirconium is actually rather soft, it's only the surface oxide layer that's hard. Since the engraving I do doesn't rely on grinding through the surface, but rather cutting it from the bottom I think I'll be ok with the same stuff I use on titanium and steel.

X8rTdwll.jpg
I have an XM-18 and CRK Inkosi that sit in my safe 99% of the time. The folder that I stick in my pocket just about every day is one of my Spyderco Para 3's
That’s funny, I’m just the opposite. I carry a CRK 99% of the time and my off days are a BM Bugout or a Microtech of some sort.

Back