What kind of folder do you carry?

I've handled one Mnandi in mammoth like the one pictured. It was very nice, very smooth. It came from CRK down here in Boise while Chris was still there. IIRC he gifted it to a friend of mine for some help with machinery or tooling. Beautiful knife.

How do you handle that Busse elmax Brian? It gives me fits to sharpen.

It is hard. And it does does Sharpen very easy. I think it's what Elmax is meant to be. I use one of my grinders or the Ken Onion Worksharp set on slow speed. And usually use 400, 600 or 1,000 grit to repolish the edge. And then I have a 1x 30 dedicated to a leather belt for stopping. With green compound.

Thank you! So I'm not crazy (debatable!!) I've been reluctant to go power with it, but I have the ability to do that here so I'll keep it cool and stop treating it with kid gloves.

I've owned dozens of Spydercos, Benchmades, Kershaws, etc over the last 8 years.

Overall, Spyderco makes my favorite folders.

The knife I carry the most, folder/fixed regardless, is the Spyderco Sage 1. It is slim, lightweight, not too big, not too small and easy to manipulate. S30V is just fine.

^ so much for NOT being a folder kinda guy! You're one quick leaner TomTom

Yes, it's a huge problem. I see that. My wife says the flipping is driving her crazy.

My son loves it and wants one .

Haha. My wife got a little fed up with my flipping too.. she was happy when I switched my focus to fixed blades.

I love my Spydercos!

tiXM8bm.jpg

ojHZ9sM.jpg

^ I like the blue dye much more than the jade colored scales the BHQ exclusive comes with.

Back