What knife cut you the worst?

WARNING OF BLOOD AND FINGER MEAT!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, some have already asked for warnings on the open wound picture, it is kinda gross....

This is what my Izula did to me 2 days after I got it... Putting a lanyard on the back with it in the sheath, the results should explain my stupidity.

10 stitches, 5 on each finger, this pic shows the middle opened up and the first digit was almost as bad but it closed up in the crease pretty well.

photo31_zpsf7883415.jpg

photo32_zps0a63a31d.jpg

I've had a pocket knife since I was 5 and had never been cut worse than a nick until just last year. It was my left-handed DPX HEST. I was in Namibia whittling some mopane wood and it slipped, burying itself into the top of my right ring finger. I was 6 hours drive from the nearest hospital, so no stitches. Got a good scar out of the deal and it tingles when I touch it.

Benchmade Eclipse. It was my EDC, oh what now, dang near 15 years ago or so. I was working in an auto parts store. A customer wanted some heater hose so I ran upstairs to get the bulk roll. There was a specific tool for cutting the stuff. Kind of a cross between scissors and pliers(boring) but I never give up a chance to use my own knife. Problem was, I was in too much of a rush and not paying attention. The hose resisted quite a bit but when it did give, the BM carried on tip first into my calf. At first I thought very little of it. Didn't think it was bad at all because for some reason it didn't hurt much. Oh. Maybe it had something to do with the near closing time beer we had all drunk(seven years sober now thank you). Anyway the customer left and my partner said, "Um. Doug? You know you're standing in a pool of blood?" I DID feel something wet. I dunno how deep it went but at least a half inch. Only took two stitches. Doesn't sound like much but in the days following my leg swelled up and turned dark purple all around and I was down for a couple of weeks. Could not walk period. Since then especially the last few years my love of knives has grown. I play with. flip and use daily and very rarely get even a minor nick. So yeah. Don't drink and cut.

An old High Carbon Colonial Lock Back.
I was forcing a patina onto the blade with mustard. The knife had just been sharpened.
I went to go wipe off the mustard and my attention must have slipped because my hand did too and it sliced me deep on the side of the tip of my index finger.

I didn't go to the hospital right away but when I did they glued it shut and wrapped it up.

Do Chainsaws Count? I got one from a chainsaw on the leg when I was 15. Finger off the thottle but let the bar touch my leg above the knee while the chain was spinning freely. Thank goodness I had long pant on. Shredded mine jeans at the point of contact, and left me with a 3 inch wide cut. Thankfully not too deep, but 1/4 inch wide open, as the chain did it's job removing what it cut. No stitches, but about 4 months passed for the new flesh to fill in the gap.

Plus side, it was the 80's. Torn jeans were cool. Those were all of a sudden cool jeans.

the worst cut came from the first knife I ever owned one of those little pen knives with the pearl handles. That knife taught me to respect all the others that have come into my life!

Tried to catch a falling KP puuko in a moment of insanity and almost took off a finger. Incredibly sharp knife. Incredibly stupid move.

serrated blade of my Victorinox Fireman ate right into my finger, it bled a lot but was okay once it stopped..

Back