29.8 KB · Views: 16
  • s-l400 (2).jpg
    s-l400 (2).jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 15
  • s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Én route from Eastern European maker Gollik, should be here tomorrow!

5" Elmax chisel ground

Blacked out TOPS MIL-SPIE 3.5. Love my TOPS knives, can't wait to get my first folder...

I'm thinking a tops will be my next production knife purchase, never took notice of them before but really been liking what Ive seen since I've been looking. Post pics and a brief opinion when you get it please!

Én route from Eastern European maker Gollik, should be here tomorrow!

5" Elmax chisel ground

I'm thinking a tops will be my next production knife purchase, never took notice of them before but really been liking what Ive seen since I've been looking. Post pics and a brief opinion when you get it please!

I'm getting the folder from TOPS on Tuesday, but I can say I have several TOPS fixed blades that I have used heavily and they all hold up extremely well. I have the SXB, and I have beat the hell out of it on several occasions, still slices paper. Only problem with it is its a little conspicuous to bring out if you are in a setting where you might encounter the general public. I have the Silent Hero and I love it, haven't used it nearly as much for chopping, but again the edge retention is near perfect. The only TOPS knife I have had to sharpen is my Wolf PAX 2 hatchet, and this was after spending all day chopping and processing 3"-4" fallen oak, elm, and maple for firewood. With a 5 minute touch up, the edge is back to sharp.

I highly recommend any TOPS product. 1095 isn't a crazy super steel, but these guys have the heat treat down pat.

Bradford Guardian 3, M390, FFG, 3D carbon fiber handles for EDC, 3 season day hike, and camp/2nd kitchen paring knife.

I hope I like this one as much as the Guardian 4.

Just got my Kwaiken in and I'm very happy with it.
6a5f574af05cdf86699640bcb989ca51.jpg

But wouldn't you know it, another knife, different maker, that was out of stock and they were "never going to get another batch in", just got another batch in. Stay in stock untill my paycheck comes in on Saturday. Stay in stock until my paycheck comes in on Saturday...
dsc_0031.jpg

I ordered a Spyderco Pacific Salt with black handles today. My first knife in H1, I decided on the straight edge version. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Zero Tolerance 0777BLK
Spyderco Para 3 black dlc
Spyderco Paramilitary 2 S35VN Edition
Also have a KME sharpening system inbound to try out, so I "needed" some new knives to sharpen up, yeah...needed, that's it.

No new pocketknives for a while but I have been wanting a paring knife with a tall profile for slicing shallots, garlic, etc. with a wa-style handle.

I have A Mitsumi Hinoura petty (paring) knife in white #2 that should arrive on Wednesday. Pretty excited for a reasonably priced handmade blade in carbon steel with a blade profile pretty much spot on to what I was looking for.

Back