What Knife Do You Have Coming?

I’ve gone Euro-trad-mad. :eek:

A Mercator K55K and a Douk-Douk.

Actually, that’s a lie. It’s two Douk-Douks! I saw the one with the Tiki and had to have that as well. We had our honeymoon in French Polynesia, I just couldn’t resist.

I couldn’t resist buying the second Douk-Douk either. ;)

It is so cathartic to post on here and know that I am not alone in my totally normal collecting hobby obsession.

I’ve gone Euro-trad-mad. :eek:

A Mercator K55K and a Douk-Douk.

Actually, that’s a lie. It’s two Douk-Douks! I saw the one with the Tiki and had to have that as well. We had our honeymoon in French Polynesia, I just couldn’t resist.

I couldn’t resist buying the second Douk-Douk either. ;)

It is so cathartic to post on here and know that I am not alone in my totally normal collecting hobby obsession.

Douk-Douks are old school cool. I may have to get one once my Opinel fails to satiate my Francophilia... :rolleyes:

Douk-Douks are old school cool. I may have to get one once my Opinel fails to satiate my Francophilia... :rolleyes:
Love me an Opinel. :)

Initially I just ordered the Mercator (unchanged design since the 1860’s), then felt compelled to order the Douk-Douk to compare the two. It’s for science, dammit! ;)

Just ordered a MD exclusive endura 4 in super gold steel with a gold back lock. Ordered it at the beginning of this week, it won’t ship until October 31!!!!o_Oo_O

Just joined the drop as well.
Pre-ordered.

checkoutoption3_20180322140516_zpslb4idnsr.jpg

buc_zpstfcituei.jpg

RAT 1 Aus 8 as my practice knife for sharpening my sharpening skills.

PS Arrived...see "first impressions" thread.

Last edited:
RAT 1 Aus 8 as my practice knife for sharpening my sharpening skills.

Lucky! I was really looking at that one (Only D2 instead of the Aus 8 steel) for my newest EDC choice. Ended up ALMOST buying the Kershaw Cryo II but then changing my mind and splurging more than I had budgeted for my Buck 112.

I'd like to say I try to stay in my budget range. It never really works out that way though... ;]

Just joined the drop as well.

The 'Massdrop/Ferrum Forge/We/Buc' is a great price especially with those materiels, thought about getting a 2nd but one will be sufficient.
Was going for a 'Caswell Morphing Karambit', but found out it's a chisel grind, not into chisel grinds.. saved myself $450.00.

TRMKB8.jpg
I broke down and ordered a new Microtech Socom Alpha Fixed blade just like in the picture, however in M390 instead of Elmax. I’ve been wanting one for sometime but the price scared me off. I guess it does have premium steel,carbon fiber handles and it’s a Microtech so why not mark up the price So ordered one anyway.

Two more days (I hate UPS ground) :D!

img_20180311_174357728_hdr-jpg.876788

~Chip

Specifications
  • Overall Length: 7.25 in
  • Blade Length: 3.125 in
  • Cutting Edge Length: 2.75 in
  • Blade Thickness: .250 in
  • Weight: 7.6 oz (without sheath)
  • Blade Material: CPM 3V
  • Handle Material: G-10 Monkey Edge FRAG Pattern

SK1785-MW478-5.jpg