What knife opens with a satisfactory/authority loud sound?

I owned a Startac for a couple days and to me it sounded much more authoritative when flicked open then any Sebenza I’ve ever owned.

True, but the 870 doesn't have squat on my mom using my first, middle, and last name

Now that just brought back memories. If my mom leaned out the door and called me by all 3 names, it was not going to end well. It was the definite way that she got my attention.

As far as the old lock backs like a Buck 110, nothing will match the Kershaw 1050. It’s a bank fault lock if there ever was one. I am a framelock guy, so just know and love the sound when a Sebenza 21 or older locks into place. I just know it’s not going to fail me.

ZT 0801
Sebenza 25
Spyderco Shaman
Spyderco Military
Shirogorov F95

Yeah they don't clip in a pocket very good. But if you are looking for the sound of authority......

Ooohhh I don't know... I'd like to try that little 870 TAC-14 on for size with a pocket clip.

ProTech autos sound really nice.

I have an old Camillus CUDA Dominator that is a spring assisted flipper that sounds better than pretty much any non-auto I ever had.

The Benchmade Aparition has a nice thwak!
It's discontinued though.

Spyderco Nirvana opens with a very satisfying thwack.

Last edited:
It's a silly knife, but you really have to flip a Cold Steel Luzon 6" if you haven't. Mine flips great and makes a heck of a noise, befitting the ridiculous nature of the thing.

Smaller/lighter knives will not open with a loud thwack sound with authority (nothing to do with their quality)..

Among the knives I have tried, the few I can think of include Cold Steel Espada Large, Recon 1, ZT 0200, and ZT 0909.

Real Steel Megalodon 2017 Ti. Just the sound it makes forced me to buy a second one.

"...Remington 870..." Oh man, I'm not going to be able to stop laughing for a week now. Cowboy humor. I love it........

My... Cold steel Spartan(this thing is like I'm here bitch!!)...Cold Steel Code 4, ZT0551, Two Sun TS81, Rat 1 and 2...the list goes on. Lol

Last edited:
Back