What knife opens with a satisfactory/authority loud sound?

People tend to overlook the subtle sonic joys in life. From detent to lock bar, over the action and to the stop pin, knives can have a distinctive character. It can be the authority of a loud "thwack". It can be the tiny symphony of bearings as they roll across the steel. It can be the quiet "ping" of lock-stick underneath a satisfying "ka-clack".

More in the ballpark here, I really like the Civivi Naja. It's not the loudest but it sounds big.

Yep! Buck 110!

GPKG6v4.jpg

Microtech Socom makes an awesome clack. I have a manual version and really like it.

Manix 2 lockback makes a loud click when it engages.

Shaman C.F. makes a nice pop lockup noise.

People tend to overlook the subtle sonic joys in life. From detent to lock bar, over the action and to the stop pin, knives can have a distinctive character. It can be the authority of a loud "thwack". It can be the tiny symphony of bearings as they roll across the steel. It can be the quiet "ping" of lock-stick underneath a satisfying "ka-clack".

More in the ballpark here, I really like the Civivi Naja. It's not the loudest but it sounds big.
I just picked one up, and it flips open with a surprising amount of authority. It's quite a nice knife for the small price tag.

And for sheer volume, the nod has to go to my 25 year old Vaquero Grande, still snapping out like a boss.

I've seen them mentioned on here quite a bit but quite a few, if not most of, the folders and OTFs from Cold Steel and Microtech open with a nice thwack.
I rely enjoy the thwack/ clack from SOCOM Elite Auto.
It fires hard enough to jar your hand a little.
My Ultratech has more of a springy metallic "schink" that I enjoy as well.

CRK's (Sebenza, Inkosi) opening is hard to describe but it is very satisfying. It's like this bank vault thud?tink?thunk? Thudink? I don't know it's just subtle, solid, and resonates throughout the knife like a tuning fork before being promptly silenced.

My CS Rajah II makes a loud clack noise, as do all my Triad Lock folders.

My Shirogorov 111 makes a very loud satisfying thwack. Better than any other knife I’ve tried.

Assisted knives not included, the ZT 0450. I'm just experiencing one for the first time and holy cow does that blade fly out like a rocket and have a satisfying "thwack" when it locks up!

Ii have multiple CS, ZT, etc. Believe it or not my absokutel loudest "EARGASM" snapping sound cones from my ZDP and brown g10 stretch. Triads are significantly stronger but the sound that comes to my ears when that thong slaps shut is incredible.

Spyderco Tenacious with bamboo scales. Made some bamboo scales for my Tenacious years ago. The bamboo made it very loud when the lock engaged. Changed the scales to osage orange. The density of the wood changed the sound, not quite as loud and deeper tone.

The Spyderco Military and Vallotton Sun-Hilt both have the sweetest of “thwacks” when the lockup. It’s almost like a mating call in my mind. I’m drawn right to it.

CRK's (Sebenza, Inkosi) opening is hard to describe but it is very satisfying. It's like this bank vault thud?tink?thunk? Thudink? I don't know it's just subtle, solid, and resonates throughout the knife like a tuning fork before being promptly silenced.
Perfect explanation ;)

Back