What Knife to you leave in your Car or Truck?

Now it's a Buck 110. Because of weight, I have gone to 2 or 3 Opinels for EDC.

OT

Last edited:
I work on an Air Force Base, and fixed blades are a no-no. So I do not leave a knife in my vehicles. What's in my vehicles is what's in my pockets.

As of today... whatever I am carrying for the day plus....

In the Prius -
the center console - Buck 484 and a spring loaded punch velcroed in it.
in the spacious trunk :rolleyes: - an Ontario Machete, Kabar 1217 (aka the modern version of the 1219C2/MK2), extrication crowbar and a hacksaw

In the truck -
the door pocket - Buck 110 and a spring loaded punch velcroed in it.
behind the seat - no-name Japanese machete, 12" Plumb hatchet, hacksaw, Kabar 1217

On the tractor - Ontario Machete attached to the roll bar, a cheap stainless locking folder in the "map compartment"

Last edited:
mercator cat knife on my keychain .
mora in the glove box
mora leku under driver seat ( in a sock .. anything looking knifeish gets confiscated at traffic stops if it shows , socks tho cops dont want to confiscate , only knives )
machete and hatchet in boot of car tucked up next to he bag of kindling and jerry can of drinking water .

cheap stuff to replace , good stuff to use if / when its called on .

Gerber big-rock. It's a good enough knife that I paid almost nothing for. The sheath sucks really bad though. It's also too big to EDC, but too small to compete with my usual camp knives.

It can actually be considered illegal to keep a knife in your car here, but I have a multitool in mine and a recue tool on the key chain with my car key. Plus whatever I have in my pocket.

It can actually be considered illegal to keep a knife in your car here, but I have a multitool in mine and a recue tool on the key chain with my car key. Plus whatever I have in my pocket.

Wow, that's a bit ridiculous. (the law).

esee 3mill (glass breaker)
Just some food for though, this is a good topic, but I handle bodily injury claims for an insurance carrier for a living, just please keep in mind that in an accident things move. Items not secured become missles and I've had plenty of people seriously injured and even have died from thos injuries from thingsin their trunks or floating around in their car. So what ever you put in it make sure its secured well and in a position you can still get to it. We have had plenty of people die going upside down of a highway in just a few inches of water in adrainage ditch who couldn't get otu

Mini grip in a tool kit and a serrated home depot cheaie in my coin holder. Probbie would never need the mini as it was supposed to be for recutting blown hose but that's never happened to me.

Cheap S&W "rescue" brick of a knife in the glove box. It's my burglar warning. If I think someone's been in my car i check for it. Any thief worth his salt would take it with him cause it looks so kewl.

Kabar Kukri and a Spyderco Tenacious.

I used to work in the woods a lot and the kukri was great for clearing brush, even small trees in the road.

The Tenacious is just a great knife, cheap enough that I wouldn't be heartbroken if something happened to it.

SAK Tinker in the door pocket and a Mora 911 in the trunk/extra cab. I also keep an Estwing axe in my truck.

I keep a Cold Steel Micro Recon Spear Point in my ash tray with a mini lighter, a Cold Steel Roach Belly between the two front seats, and a Wetterlings Forest Axe in the backseat.

I have a cs Gurkha Kukri sk5 behind/under my front seat,
an old carbon mora in the trunk and a scissor based Winchester
multi tool in the middle compartment.

In the f250 I have an old Japanese kershaw with a broken tip.

In the Highlander I have a cheap china auto.

Back