What Knife to you leave in your Car or Truck?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by SpookStrickland, Jan 14, 2013.

1. PaulTR

PaulTR

Jul 31, 2013
    Never thought about keeping a knife in my car until Hurricane Sandy hit and I got to see up-close what happens to society when people lose commodities like electricity, gas, cell service, and internet connections. I now carry a Gerber Ultimate Survival Knife under my seat, an SOG Crosscut multitool on my car keys, and a Cold Steel Brooklyn Crusher bat in my trunk.

2. xX_Blade_Xx

xX_Blade_Xx

Aug 2, 2013
    Haven't gotten my truck yet so...haha. I plan to take my usual edc. Cold Steel Ak-47. I will probably keep different fixed blades in the truck though. Maybe a SOG Seal Pup or an Ontario Sp1.

3. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    I keep a number of knives and blades in my vehicle most of the time. They typically include at least one of the thicker SAKs, a SOG Mini-Vulcan, Spyderco Endura (both fully serrated and plain edged), and at least one machete. The machete currently is a Condor Golok. If I am out in the woods, I'll usually have an axe with me. Guess all I need is a chain saw.

I also carry a number of knives, usually two on my person in addition to ones in my vehicile.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  4. James Y

James Y

Feb 18, 1999
    None. Many years ago, I kept an old Leatherman Wave in the glove box, until someone broke into the car and stole it (and a $5 window shade!). If some fools are going around stealing other people's property, I'd rather not supply them with any knives. Whatever knives I have are what I carry on me.

Jim

5. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Knives are the least of my concern in terms of theft in my vehicle. There are literally thousands of dollars worth of tools in my work vehicle. They are used frequently.

6. Mountain Mike

Mountain Mike

Aug 9, 2011
    A Leatherman Wave in the glove box and a Cold Steel SF Shovel in the trunk.

7. lanceh17

lanceh17

Dec 11, 2011
    I carry some cheap Osark Trail (?) 3.5 inch folder, that I found while walking my dog, in there. I have to second what James said in that I usually keep the knife that I will use on my person, so no real need to keep much in the vehicle.

8. pilotmx5

pilotmx5

Sep 11, 2008
    2012 F-150= Victorinox Farmer

9. fredhoward75

fredhoward75

Sep 24, 2007
    Busse ASH1 Skinny & SAR3 and a leatherman

10. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Leatherman Juice SC2.

[​IMG]

best

mqqn

11. Hickory407

Hickory407 Banned BANNED

Aug 14, 2013
    Kobun FTW

12. eKNIVES

eKNIVES

Nov 7, 2012
    Spyderco Assist in my 4runner and wifeys car

13. ChrisCorliss

ChrisCorliss

Aug 23, 2013
    Cold Steel Espada XL is going in my Suburban when I get it

14. D1omedes

D1omedes

May 3, 2009
    Spyderco Dragonfly 2 in VG10

15. Displaced Buckeye

Displaced Buckeye

Jul 31, 2013
    LMF strapped to my pack, and a cheaper Gerber folder in the center console of my Sierra Denali.

16. fsatsil

fsatsil

Sep 15, 2009
    Just a tip for everyone. Don't leave any knife that you actually care about in your car/truck. I had a Kershaw 1993, a Streamlight and a Leatherman stolen out of my truck last summer when I forgot to fully close my windows one night. I learned my lesson and now I only keep a cheap stuff in the car.

17. gnystrom

gnystrom

Dec 24, 2006
    A very old Spyderco Delica with 1/3 serrated blade with a fox 40 whistle attached.

18. Bugout Bill

Bugout Bill

Jan 2, 2013
    Used to keep my Glock Feldmesser in the consol of my car, but my dad made me take it out. There is a ZT200 sitting in my glovebox, but more left there out of laziness than any sort of planning.

19. Bob W

Bob W

Dec 31, 2000
    I don't keep any valuables in my car or truck.

20. blaze148

blaze148

Oct 3, 2005
    I have a 3" Anza necknife in a kydex sheath tied to my left door handle handle
    Very fast draw and thin profile, but useful