What Knife to you leave in your Car or Truck?

Never thought about keeping a knife in my car until Hurricane Sandy hit and I got to see up-close what happens to society when people lose commodities like electricity, gas, cell service, and internet connections. I now carry a Gerber Ultimate Survival Knife under my seat, an SOG Crosscut multitool on my car keys, and a Cold Steel Brooklyn Crusher bat in my trunk.

Haven't gotten my truck yet so...haha. I plan to take my usual edc. Cold Steel Ak-47. I will probably keep different fixed blades in the truck though. Maybe a SOG Seal Pup or an Ontario Sp1.

I keep a number of knives and blades in my vehicle most of the time. They typically include at least one of the thicker SAKs, a SOG Mini-Vulcan, Spyderco Endura (both fully serrated and plain edged), and at least one machete. The machete currently is a Condor Golok. If I am out in the woods, I'll usually have an axe with me. Guess all I need is a chain saw.

I also carry a number of knives, usually two on my person in addition to ones in my vehicile.

Last edited:
None. Many years ago, I kept an old Leatherman Wave in the glove box, until someone broke into the car and stole it (and a $5 window shade!). If some fools are going around stealing other people's property, I'd rather not supply them with any knives. Whatever knives I have are what I carry on me.

Jim

Knives are the least of my concern in terms of theft in my vehicle. There are literally thousands of dollars worth of tools in my work vehicle. They are used frequently.

I carry some cheap Osark Trail (?) 3.5 inch folder, that I found while walking my dog, in there. I have to second what James said in that I usually keep the knife that I will use on my person, so no real need to keep much in the vehicle.

Leatherman Juice SC2.

DSC_7040.JPG

best

mqqn

Just a tip for everyone. Don't leave any knife that you actually care about in your car/truck. I had a Kershaw 1993, a Streamlight and a Leatherman stolen out of my truck last summer when I forgot to fully close my windows one night. I learned my lesson and now I only keep a cheap stuff in the car.

Used to keep my Glock Feldmesser in the consol of my car, but my dad made me take it out. There is a ZT200 sitting in my glovebox, but more left there out of laziness than any sort of planning.

I have a 3" Anza necknife in a kydex sheath tied to my left door handle handle
Very fast draw and thin profile, but useful

Back