What Knife to you leave in your Car or Truck?

CRKT M21-04. It's probably the lowest quality knife I own, but I can't bring myself to get rid of it (I've had it a long time, it's rock solid and razor sharp, plus it flips very well). There's also a Swamp Rat Ratmandu, original Gerber Gator, and original Leatherman in my truck bag.

A Delica 4 in each vehicle and a Salt 1 on the boat. Good quality knives, but not so expensive as to be a disaster if one vanished.

I have a leatherman mutlitool in each car and in my edc bag.. depending on where I am going I'll bring my Becker bk10, cold steel pocket bushman or Ontario rat 3

I have a leatherman mutlitool in each car and in my edc bag.. depending on where I am going I'll bring my Becker bk10, cold steel pocket bushman or Ontario rat 3

Also a Leatherman multi-tool. Juice XE6 to be specific. The Mora Clipper oftentimes finds itself spending time in the car after my returning from outdoor adventures.

a leatherman is way to valuable to leave in a car imo. had my car broken into twice in the last neighborhood i lived. i used to leave nothing in the car with a sign on the window. :)

A machete can be very useful for cutting branches to put under tires when traction is need, to clear a road of fallen branches after a typhoon, to cut away grass and brush wrapped around bumpers and axles. It can even be used to cut and trim small tree that is thick enough to use as a lever to lift the car up when a car jack is missing or broken (it happened to me!!).
Faiaoga :cool:

I have an old benchmade monarch before the thumb lug & pocket clip i got at a flea market for 8.00 in one car, & a bucklite 422 i got for 10.00 in the other car.i wouldnt want to keep anything expensive in there, so i kept an eye out for something cheap in price,used but of good quality...

Currently there is an oiled Mora Heavy Duty in the glove box with a big fat rich piece of fatwood taped to the sheath. It sits with a three pack of lighters and a fero rod. With that sits a rubber banded tin box with fine and medium tinder. An 85% wool blanket sits in a garbage bag in the trunk.

Leatherman Pulse. Not exactly a knife but it has a blade.

Ontario Rat 5
RAT-5_Canvas_Micarta_8627__39866.1265833038.1280.1280.jpg

What knife do you leave in your vehicle full time? For me it's a Cold Steel Voyager with a broken pocket clip. It was the one that had the plastic clip. I leave that in my rig and it sure come in handy. Just the other day I was doing some work and had to get a part out one of them bullet proof blister type packs, The tanto tip on my voyager just zipped right through it.
ZT0560. It's heavy-duty enough for any emergencies I might need it for and I don't really like it for carry or even general use. So it sits in my console ready to use if I need it.

a leatherman wave and a cold steel recon 1. the cold steel is in there because i could care less about that knife and would never carry it.

Back