1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What knife would you have Spyderco build for you if...

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Flatlander1963, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Jenner 515

Jenner 515

Nov 27, 2002
    Bring back the ATR!

2. N4SIR

N4SIR Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 22, 2008
    para military 2 titanium in either Elmax or CTS or sv something

3. Tscarlett

Tscarlett Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 22, 2011
    I agree the ATR with combo Ti G10 scales... whooop whoop!

4. pilsnerman

pilsnerman

Mar 16, 2010
    I would ask to have made a Manix 2 with Grey G10,black hardwear,and stone washed S35VN blade .

5. nightman

nightman Gold Member Gold Member

May 17, 2010
    I'd like a starmate in M390.

6. Frozy

Frozy

Apr 3, 2010
    Actually... i feel that Spyderco should make more knives with deep carry clip. Something like the Fred Perrin PPT's clip.

7. TDOG1

TDOG1

Jan 11, 2009
    Folding Fillet knife with 6" H-1 plain blade. Perhaps similar to Catcherman with scales that would give good grip when wet. Jimping on top and bottom of scales with large pinned lanyard hole. Designed with strength, functionality, and ease of cleaning in mind. Colors?

8. D1omedes

D1omedes

May 3, 2009
    A Caly 3 or 3.5 with CTS-20CP steel. Never gonna happen since Japanese makers won't use non-Japanese steel, but one can dream.

9. TDOG1

TDOG1

Jan 11, 2009
    The Caly 3.5 is preorder now with the Super Blue steel.

10. Ben Dover

Ben Dover

Aug 2, 2006
    I'd just like to see some new knives made of new super steels in the regular catalog instead of all these damnable sprint runs.

11. holmsie12

holmsie12

Mar 23, 2011
    I'd like to see a gayle bradley with black g10, improved handle shape, and the same m4 blade, sandblasted.

12. slight

slight

May 22, 2011
    serrated endura wave with a thinner stock/higher grind. or endura in m4 waved or not.

13. spydutch

spydutch

Jul 4, 2005
    I already have 2 custom Spydies in the form of a Military AND a Paramilitary.;)
    Folliage green handles
    CPM D2 blades in full Spyderedge.
    Gifted to me by the great Sal Glesser himself:thumbup::thumbup:

14. ssblood

ssblood Banned BANNED

Jun 20, 2002
    A para2 with no blade play and the pivot bushing functioning like it should, and an even grind on both sides:)

15. thedoodabides91

thedoodabides91

Jul 16, 2011
    i would like an m390 /PeelPly CF C95 Manix but with a compression lock

a s90v/ PP CF Yojimbo 2

Para 2 with M390 and/or s35VN ... oh wait they're in the making!!!

i would also like to see the incorporation of BRITISH RACING GREEN g10

16. Saxeimus

Saxeimus

Jul 2, 2011
    I would want a superleaf with a four inch blade in S30V made in the U.S.A. I would want a custom jimping patch on the spine between the tip and spyder hole. So when I choke up with the choil I can put my thumb on some jimping instead of smooth blade spine. Its a weird place for jiming but you could choke up to where its like a one or two inch blade if you need it. You could also maybe use it with a fire steel? IDK I like large blades because if you need it you have it and can choke up for finer work, where if you need a large blade and have a small one it isnt going to get any bigger or longer.

17. technician1

technician1

Nov 25, 2009
    One word..... karambit.

Sal if you happen to read this and it sparks your interest. Let me know plz, it seems I have a hard time getting some of the run's that I would like to have. [email protected]

Just my .02 1/8 thick, fixed, no scales, no sheath. everything else is up to you as you would know what i want better than what i think i want. as far as steel, geo, size, and price point.

18. stinkyspice

stinkyspice

Jun 2, 2011
    i want a dive knife like the Caspian but with a sharp tip not blunted because when im diving for fish a need a sharp tip to brain them... love the design how it half serrated and the right size just give me a sharp pointy tip!! pls spydeco :)

maybe a smaller folder in H1 too

19. eccvets

eccvets Banned BANNED

Sep 8, 2008
    Spyderco already makes one of my fav knifes, the Civilian. If they made one which was 6 inchs long, I'd def buy a few of those (I already have a few civilians as well as other hawkbills from spyderco) but there is not really a market for a knife that big and that scary looking with that design. not too many people need a knife which is designed to take someone apart and fk someone up that much. most just need to stabby stabby and then run away.

20. matt009au

matt009au

Apr 23, 2009
    I'd like to see a frn lock back kukhuri!!!