What knife would you have Spyderco build for you if...

Spyderhawk Salt in Black with a DLC coated blade
Paramilitary 2 with a titanium frame compression lock with Natural g10 scales in S90V
Dragonfly 2 with OD Green FRN and Black DLC Blade in M4
Police with Ranger Green G10 and Black DLC Blade with M390
Military with Ranger Green G10 and Black DLC Blade with 440C to keep cost down

I think you mean Ti Compression lock. RIL is a Frame Lock. Integral means integrated :p

I actually want a Para 2 with a RIL, not a Ti comp lock. For a custom shop it would be a breeze:D

Sverre

Edit: Want a Ti low riding clip on it as well;)

Last edited:
1.Actually Spyderco already made my first dream knife: C83 Persian with nice wood and bone, unfortunately, they didn't go any further than prototypes. :grumpy:
2.Second dream knife has potential to became reality: bolstered Cocobolo Caly3.5. Please no dent
3.And the last, but not the least "baby Persian" Kopa size. No clip, no dent.

Last edited:
An Endura with Emerson Opener, but without the annoying bend in the handle. In other words, the handle would be in line with the blade instead of offset as it is now.

A waved Endura, but with the old handle shape (like the Pacific Salt), but made of titanium with a compression-lock and S90V steel.

The D'Holder Toad but with titanium instead of aluminum, anodized with colors like real Poison Dart Frogs.
And S30V or CPM154 steel.
The Toad was one of the coolest little knives out there.

A titanium Meerkat would also rock!!!

Laser etched Titanium Handles with frame locks on the Stretch and Manix. Both offered with a full four inch blade.

My 2 cents, in the dreams fountain:

1 Military, all titanium frame-lock, with a D2 Full flat grind blade and a tip up clip (IMO a must).

2 an old big Manix 1, with a Tri-Ad Lock, better fit & finish (especially internally), D2 Full flat grind blade, black G10 textured with SS liners for the handles.

3 a balisong, without Spyderholes and a classic design, straight handles, full flat blade, manual big sturdy latch
4 a balisong, without Spyderholes, with curved handles, full flat blade, manual big sturdy latch
5 a karambit with a front-lock (or better Tri-Ad Lock), with G10 and SS liners

All models at affordable prices;)

P.S:
The PPT is already a dream knife, it is really a little gem; I also think that a bigger version would be interesting, but not in substitution of the actual perfect version.

Manix 2, peel ply carbon fiber scales, CTS-XHP steel, polished Ti clip, backspacer, and skeletonized liners, and a slightly softer spring on the lock.

Barong with a compression lock instead of liner, a 50/50 choil and about a quarter inch more edge. And micarta handle slabs while we're at it.

Somebody mentioned a ZDP-189 Centofante 3. I'd go for one of those.

Ladybug with the PE blade from the Micro Dyad. Let's make it ZDP-189 too while I'm dreaming.

Rock Salt with a slightly thicker at the spine, FFG blade, in A2 or 1095. Micarta handles (Why, yes, I like micarta). And then send it to Bark River to put their killer convex edge on it. :thumbup:

1) Waved Delica with a FFG wharncliffe blade.

2) Waved Endura with a FFG wharncliffe blade.

3) Waved Police with a double-edged blade a la Charlie Mike.

4) Would scrap all the above for an etched framelock version of the Dragonfly, with all the jimping of the current G-10 model.

I'd also like to see Sal make a production version of my Somethin Nasty Police. I'd like to see it in thicker steel. At least .125 but .160 would be tits.

• A Vesuvius (or Centofante) with handles made from something other than FRN. Two-color textured G10 like some of the Benchmade offerings would be nice.
  • Something that uses the current Civilian flat handle (one linered scale/one G10) and a blade I could use in public without scaring people -- something like a Police 3, but that blade is butt ugly.
  • A much larger Balance with a 3.5" blade. Great knife and concept, too small.
  • A Spyderco aimed at the Strider/Zero Tolerance space -- ridiculously overbuilt.
  • More stag/bone/etc. materials, but offered in Delica or Endura sizes, not just Kiwis and Kopas.

I'd like to see a" Gayle Bradley" blade in a "Stretch" frame. FRN, carbon fiber, or g10 scales. I would buy several.

I've tried and sold lots of knives and found that the Military is my favorite and the one I compare all other folders to for size/weight/ergos. It carries like a much smaller knife and fits my had great!.

What I would like is the following:

Blade:
- Bit thicker at the tip for litte more strength.
- S30V still works great
- Length stay same or could drop back to 3.75" if it would make the tip thicker

Handle:
- Spyderco G10 is the best.. why mess with it.
- Take a little off the end bump like the Para

Clip:
- Spyderco wire clip
- 4-way adjustable
- include both normal wire clip and deep carry versions.

Lock:
- I still like the ease of use of the existing liner lock on the Military.. so don't change a thing there. Easy to open/close and strong enough for anything I'll use a folder to do.

Weight:
Weight is perfect but would allow for a .2-.3 ounce increase for a bit thicker blade tip. Or knock off .25" to off-set the weight. Maybe take a tiny bit of lenght off the handle if you set the blade back a bit too.

Biggest things would be to make the tip a little thicker and the wire clip. Then I would no longer have to look at other knives. But that would be a lie.:)

A Para 2 with a Ti RIL Compression Lock, Orange G-10 on the non-locking side and a Carpenter Stainless Steel. :eek:

Is there anyway that that wouldn't sell like a wild fire spreads? :confused:

ETA Thicker blade stock too.

Last edited:
I like the idea of a Centofante 3 with G10 scales and ZDP189 steel.

Also would like a Cricket with either G10 or Titanium scales.

Lava with G10 scales would be nice.

Large Wayne Goddard in a more premium steel, and either FFG or a high hollow grind. S30v, CPM 154, CPM M4, etc. With thin liners and g10. Plain edge of course. One of the sexiest Spydies, IMO. And the g10 would give it a bit more substantial feel in hand, even though it's ridiculously thin and light in pocket as is with the linerless FRN, which is nice. Oh, and tip down carry, I find tip up carry on a knife this long to be unwieldy.

024.jpg

Though it is great as is. Thing has something like a 3 3/4" blade, yet the handle is thinner than my Centofante... Blade is quite a bit thicker, though.

Also, I'd love to see way more Wharncliffe offerings of popular models. Especially bigger ones, would be nice having a 3.5ish inch, thin wharncliffe in FFG and a super steel.

Back