What knife would you have Spyderco build for you if...

Lum Fixed Blade Tanto - Given the same treatment they gave the Temperance 2 with the canvas micarta...keep the leather sheath though.

I'm holding out for a Perrin PPT with regular foliage green G10 scales (none of this sculpted silliness) and made lighter so it's more EDC-able. Otherwise it's a perfect design.

Military, tip up, thick TI/CF intregal compression lock.
Blade steel: carpenter 20cp,cpm s90v,cpm m4,or s110v.

I havn't read the entire thread, but I'd like to see the millie offered with rosewood or similar scales. The Persian would also have a larger model with a 4.5 inch blade and wooden scales too.

I am settled, Spyderco pretty much build my favorite of all time. Military with CPMM4 and a framelock. I just cant afford it! :(

I would like to see:

Military- S90V carbon fiber laminated blade with fiery (red,yellow,orange, black) g10 handles
Manix 2- full flat ground damascus blade with neon g10 sides instead of translucent acrylic-like sides on the ball bearing lock, anodized titanium screws, and toxic green g10 handles

Hi Flatlander1963 -

I would have them make a folding, locking knife for a child. The knife would have no edge or point, and would be designed so that a young child could open it, and then unlock and close it by themselves.

I just recently gave my 4 year old granddaughter a Spyderco Delica that had been de-edged and the point ground off (from Stomper of JK Knives - thanks!).

She loves it, but she cannot dis-engage the lock because she does not have the hand stregth.

I posed this to Mr. Glesser, and he responded saying that he would bring the idea up at the next sales meeting!

How many other companies can you talk to the owner and bounce ideas off of them?

I find this very cool!

As far as what I would have them make for me? I already have it - the M4 Ti/G10 Knifeworks Military.

best regards -

mqqn

mqqn

hi Mqqn,

We discussed the concept and it was decided that at this time, our trainers could serve that need better than a dedicated model. The next best is to do what you did, which is what I did for Eric when he was a child.

Thanx for the interest.

sal

Fixed 5" chokwe
H1 or CPM-3V with full flat grind, 1/8"-5/32" thickness
Butt scraper and wooden handle
Kydex sheath, baldric/horizonal carry is also available

^Sounds like a great, versatile FB.

I would also like a knife with 2mm FFG stock in M4 or ZDP or any steel that likes to go that low.

Lots of interesting ideas on this thread.
I've been carrying my C95 Manix I for the last few days.
I'd date the thing if I could!! LOL! It may be the perfect knife IMO.

Anyway, if Sal would do sprint with a super steel like S90V or M390 or even the Carpenter steels I'd buy one immediately.

I'd like a 4 inch Perrin Bowie to fill the gap between the 3 and 5 inch. Dreaming - I'd like a 7 to 8 inch Perrin Bowie, 3/16 inch thick with a ffg and a sharpened clip 1/2 the blade length - the perfect fighter.

Wouldn't mind seeing a UKPK with the blade shortened to a point-to-handle length of 1.9 inches and an opening hole the size of the Military model's.

Office use knife, you know.

Should be a cheap variation to produce.

Large Wayne Goddard in a more premium steel, and either FFG or a high hollow grind. S30v, CPM 154, CPM M4, etc. With thin liners and g10. Plain edge of course. One of the sexiest Spydies, IMO. And the g10 would give it a bit more substantial feel in hand, even though it's ridiculously thin and light in pocket as is with the linerless FRN, which is nice. Oh, and tip down carry, I find tip up carry on a knife this long to be unwieldy.

024.jpg

Though it is great as is. Thing has something like a 3 3/4" blade, yet the handle is thinner than my Centofante... Blade is quite a bit thicker, though.

the goddard is my all time favorite knife from spyderco. I love the shape of the blade and handle. I do, however, prefer tip-up carry. you're spot on about everything else, though: G-10 or micarta again, maybe 3V or M390 steel, hollow ground, prefer a hollow grind to flat...I love the lockback on them, but would be interested in seeing if it would work with the RIL with the new insert, which I love, or else the CBBL. plain edge, of course.

I'd love to see a Titanium Para 2 sprint with an integral comp lock. I'd also love a Delica 4 FFG with S30V and Sage 1 type Carbon Fiber

Last edited:
I too would like to see the return of the C95 however I know that is unlikely.

Perhaps though we will see something similar and possibly even better from Spyderco in the future. That would be awesome.

Otherwise any sprint run Millie will always get my undivided attention. ;)

Back