What knife would you have Spyderco build for you if...

I'd like to see a downsized Sage in Carbon Fiber. Sorta in the ballpark with the Cat or Chicago, but with the Sage ergonomics and build quality.

TedP

Don't have any Spydercos yet but hopefully I'll be getting a Sage soon, maybe Christmas or my Birthday.

I would love to see a ~3.25" blade FFG Sage with green G10(no liners), a Manix/bolt/ball lock, and in CPM35VN/m4/something special.

I have always wanted a larger Poliwog with a 3" blade and an all-Ti frame. Since the custom shop is a pipe dream, maybe Howard Viele would be the guy to go to for that...

That would be the M4 Military, through Roger.:thumbup:

A Golden CO made Resilience

With thicker ti liners and a CPM154 or ZDP Blade.

That would be my idea of a great knife for EDC.

i would have them build a pacific salt with the same feature that the assist has in it with the glass breaker and the whistle, or at least an assist with an H1 blade

not much

Caly3 and a Dragonfly both in crimson G10

a large sodbuster in VG10 and black G10 - with a half-thu hole like on the DKPK :)

Last edited:
I'd like to see some knives with 2.75" blades. I'd really like a Caly 2.75, with handle downsized to scale. Another appealing option would be a downsized liner-lock, like a smaller version of the Sage, or a larger Michael Walker liner-lock - but with a 2.75" or 2.8" blade.
I'd like carbon fiber, but would get one of these in G10.
I'd really like to see a Caly 2.75" in CF.
There should be more options in this size with premium steel. I am fine with VG10 or ZDP189, but would also be happy with D2 (or the similar Carpenter steel).

I'd like Spyderco to re-issue some blasts from the past.

Salsa,
ATR
Dodo

And Release the Mosquito to the public.

Larger titanium Poliwog, I'll second that.

Thicker tip Millie with wire clip, I'll second that too.

For me I'll go for ATR blade and titanium framelock handle with stainless insert with wire clip. Steel is s30v cause it's good and Spyderco got the heat treat down right.

Para 2 frame compression lock with textured (like on the proto Tuff) titanium handles on both sides. Extend the blade to 3.75-4inch add 2mm of thickness and in CPM-3v. A Strider could never tempt me again.

Back