What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

I think that might be the only 36 inch hollow grind that I have ever shipped. That's crazy because I love the 36-inch hollow grind. I should produce more of those...

There you go! Make that one your "baby needs shoes" AKA cash-cow, go to pattern. Now repeat 10 x after me :p

2020, year of smaller CPK knives ... 2020, year of smaller CPK knives ... 2020, year of smaller CPK knives ...
2020, year of smaller CPK knives ... 2020, year of smaller CPK knives ... 2020, year of smaller CPK knives ...

:D

There you go! Make that one your "baby needs shoes" AKA cash-cow, go to pattern. Now repeat 10 x after me :p

:D

All choppers and no hunters makes Matty a dull boy:p

How about a tanto?
1.jpg~original

Nathan, you seriously ought to consider making a set of kitchen-use knives with your own expertise, experiences, flair and interpretation. I mean VERY SERIOUSLY. Now I am not talking about a block of knives which look fancy-schmancy with some utterly useless pieces, well for me anyway! I find long serrated bread knives / carving knives, sharpening steels and shears mostly useless and fillers in a block package (sorry, not sorry to our fancy folks!).

Like a 3 knife package, or even maybe even 2 but I personally definitely prefer the three: chef/cook + paring + boning/filleting.

I decided to resurrect the idea after receiving my Shun "Premier" knives. OK, they look nice but quite frankly: Meh! As many have said time and time over again, after getting used to what comes out of Nathan's workshop infused with the CPK philosophy of performance/value (lot of makers make these lofty claims but fail to measure up, but not CPK), it's hard to get impressed with much else.

Now don't get me wrong, I realize that Shuns are under the KAI umbrella which are like Kershaw to many folders folks who are not steel snobs, i.e, they cut, perform and chug along well with proper care but once one becomes a fan/addict/hobbyist in the highline cutlery world, the goal-post naturally keeps moving! I feel fortunate/blessed to be able to spend $100-$200 for a single kitchen piece and the poo-poo it because of much higher tastes/expectations and I also realize that I could or maybe should spend 2-3 times as much in order to get the top of the line stuff, but my thinking is, well if I'm gonna lay out that much dough, why not try to nudge Nathan to consider and mull over the idea for say 2021? ;)

Nathan, you seriously ought to consider making a set of kitchen-use knives with your own expertise, experiences, flair and interpretation. I mean VERY SERIOUSLY. Now I am not talking about a block of knives which look fancy-schmancy with some utterly useless pieces, well for me anyway! I find long serrated bread knives / carving knives, sharpening steels and shears mostly useless and fillers in a block package (sorry, not sorry to our fancy folks!).

Like a 3 knife package, or even maybe even 2 but I personally definitely prefer the three: chef/cook + paring + boning/filleting.

I decided to resurrect the idea after receiving my Shun "Premier" knives. OK, they look nice but quite frankly: Meh! As many have said time and time over again, after getting used to what comes out of Nathan's workshop infused with the CPK philosophy of performance/value (lot of makers make these lofty claims but fail to measure up, but not CPK), it's hard to get impressed with much else.

Now don't get me wrong, I realize that Shuns are under the KAI umbrella which are like Kershaw to many folders folks who are not steel snobs, i.e, they cut, perform and chug along well with proper care but once one becomes a fan/addict/hobbyist in the highline cutlery world, the goal-post naturally keeps moving! I feel fortunate/blessed to be able to spend $100-$200 for a single kitchen piece and the poo-poo it because of much higher tastes/expectations and I also realize that I could or maybe should spend 2-3 times as much in order to get the top of the line stuff, but my thinking is, well if I'm gonna lay out that much dough, why not try to nudge Nathan to consider and mull over the idea for say 2021? ;)
I’d love to see a three knife set also Mat, chef/cook blade around seven and half inch blade, paring knife something along the lines Of Nathan’s skinner, the third a petty with around a 5 inch blade, all with input from the lady of the house, Jo. Late 2020 to get the designs done, then scheduled for 2021. And Santa can you make this my only present this year?

Back