What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

I don’t know call me strange or odd man out lol :) But I keep thinking about a 7 1/2 to 9 “ clip point Rambo knife , without the hollow handle, can go with / without the saw teeth too. What can I say but hey I grew up through the 80’s lol

What's the difference between an integral shiv and a shiv? My vote is for a shiv next
^^^^ LOL, and this................................

Integral knives, short of the addition of handle scales, are literally sculpted from one piece of steel. Making a knife in this way presents difficult challenges not found in making knives in separate parts, and soldering or screwing them together.

EDIT: Consequently they will cost a Wee Bit more than the original and might have (Possibly) some updates/Improvements;)

Last edited:
^^^^ LOL, and this................................

Integral knives, short of the addition of handle scales, are literally sculpted from one piece of steel. Making a knife in this way presents difficult challenges not found in making knives in separate parts, and soldering or screwing them together.

EDIT: Consequently they will cost a Wee Bit more than the original and might have (Possibly) some updates/Improvements;)

Correct Tom, the CPK-IS will cost more than the OG-Shiv which back in the day used to sell for less than 4 Benjamins directly from Nathan's. A while ago Nathan had stated that an IS would probably cost as much as a tooth crown, but he did not say which molar 😂 Who knows, maybe as much as a crown on the back molars at a Beverly Hills dental surgeon's with an implant and an abutment. Welp, may be not unless we are talking Integral Daggers, LOL. #notadentist

That's what my search turned up but I thought all the CPK knives are made from one piece of steel

Maybe this will help, I am sure Nathan will give an in-depth description "Down the road" If the Integral Shiv is Ever offered

EDIT: The CPK crew are currently at Blade dinking vast amounts of "Makers Mark Whiskey":thumbsup::D

Last edited:
What's the difference between an integral shiv and a shiv? My vote is for a shiv next

xYIc0KT.jpg

JKNsvzZ.jpg

I don't know if integrals are truly stronger, it depends on what is the weakness and wheather being an integral address it. But a well executed integral is going to be about as strong as a blade can be. I don't make many integrals because it is a very expensive and time-consuming approach to knife making that doesn't really serve a lot of practical purpose, but they are incredibly cool and I do enjoy making them. While there may be some practical purpose to an integral, for me the real purpose is to challenge myself and also demonstrate what I can do if I apply myself without normal constraints.

View attachment 1578129

View attachment 1578131

I don't know if integrals are truly stronger, it depends on what is the weakness and wheather being an integral address it. But a well executed integral is going to be about as strong as a blade can be. I don't make many integrals because it is a very expensive and time-consuming approach to knife making that doesn't really serve a lot of practical purpose, but they are incredibly cool and I do enjoy making them. While there may be some practical purpose to an integral, for me the real purpose is to challenge myself and also demonstrate what I can do if I apply myself without normal constraints.
View attachment 1578235

Whenever someone mentions a Seax, especially with regards to the maker it is being recommended to, my inner Nord goes:

lMZD9kS.gif

Then my more practical side starts yapping and I start to think, what does a so-called Seax offer that one of CPK's offerings (current and past) do not? Historically, the Seax was a weapon and tool but there wasn't anything particularly elegant about it and whatever design elements that might have been employed were likely driven from a more pragmatic frame of mind, rather than any focus on ingenuity or innovation. Many surviving examples are rather brutish and often demonstrate a "waste not" sort of attitude when it came to recycling used and broken steel.

If Nathan were so inclined, I'd be curious what he could cook up. It would undeniably epitomize the evolution of such a blade and will undoubtedly grant me Thor's mighty physique and an affinity for lightning bolts while wielding it.

So we are back to:

lMZD9kS.gif

Back