What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

Same. Soon?
No there won't be a pre-order. I've prepped blanks for 300 or so and that will be it. I'll probably get started on those in about 2 weeks. I'm doing most of them in basic grade I had intended for Amazon but I did maybe 100 of them in signature style cuz I knew some of you knuckleheads would want some.

I probably made more than I should have but it should be a fun and affordable knife so I'm sure I will eventually sell the stock even without using Amazon.

This was answered in the ANAQ thread the other day.

At the risk of replacing my broken record for the last 5 years.... still dying for a paring knife / chef's knife combo. But now in Magnacut!

Having studied Larrin's dissertation on the physical properties and read many reviews and testimonials, I'm satisfied it's a suitable replacement for the qualities I previously desired in AEB-L.

I know Nathan will do this before I die*.

* Multiple ponies could be provided as part of the transaction.

Since a karambit is out of the question!...
How about a collaboration blade that's between 8 to 12 inches and between. 188
And .250 thick and a collaboration between Nathan Carothers and Scott Gossman !...
I think they could come up with one heck of
A big blade between the both of them !
Anyone else thinks this could be something raise your hand !

FRC505 aka Frank Cervantes

I like magnacut for the application since the edge is so well supported by the steep primary bevels. The additional toughness of the 3V is good, but to my way of thinking I'd prefer greater corrosion resistance since that will also do damage to the edge. That's my rationale, for what it's worth

Good point about rust affecting the edge. I have thought the same thing about coated knives – the coating will protect the sides and spine of the blade, but the most important part, the edge, is still unprotected and subject to rust (assuming it is not stainless steel).

I lost a Benchmade folder with the blade made of ATS-34 stainless steel in the winter, and many weeks later after the snow had melted I found the knife – it was a bit dirty, but the blade was fine (no rust) after a simple cleaning.

Having said all of that, some of my CPK D3V blades are left lying around inside the house without any rust preventative used, and rust has not been a problem in a fairly well-controlled environment.

frc505, my hand is raised. 😃:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Hey klink,
I think Nathan and Scott could come up with something amazing if they were to collab with each other ! I had a few of Scott's knives
But they were stolen along with most of my firearms a few years back and I'm only now starting to get back into custom/handmade knives and nice firearms!

FRC505 aka Frank Cervantes

Naturally the long awaited CPK-Folder! IIRC, Nathan had said in the very recent past that this pattern was placed on the back burner which was somewhat disappointing to those of us who were eagerly awaiting Nathan's first production folder. Shamelessly, there is an overt agenda here for me because I have disposed of all of my past folders apart from the CPKMark-Folder and a sprint run older school Spyderco Military. The rest are just a handful of sub $100 folder with the Lorien-Böker Roundhouse being top of the list of the "rest". In fact, my folder game is so weak that I should ask to be bannished to some folderless dystopia but I think that being a part of the Scrimgeour Club saves my arse by quite a bit?

Come on Nathan, I went through a sh*tload of Shiros, CRKs and some other ones just to ascertain the "CPK For Life" mantra, at least in my own head. Throw me and Martin a bone Boss! The two of us are not getting any younger.

#cpkfolderbeforewekickthebucket

Naturally the long awaited CPK-Folder! IIRC, Nathan had said in the very recent past that this pattern was placed on the back burner which was somewhat disappointing to those of us who were eagerly awaiting Nathan's first production folder. Shamelessly, there is an overt agenda here for me because I have disposed of all of my past folders apart from the CPKMark-Folder and a sprint run older school Spyderco Military. The rest are just a handful of sub $100 folder with the Lorien-Böker Roundhouse being top of the list of the "rest". In fact, my folder game is so weak that I should ask to be bannished to some folderless dystopia but I think that being a part of the Scrimgeour Club saves my arse by quite a bit?

Come on Nathan, I went through a sh*tload of Shiros, CRKs and some other ones just to ascertain the "CPK For Life" mantra, at least in my own head. Throw me and Martin a bone Boss! The two of us are not getting any younger.

#cpkfolderbeforewekickthebucket
Yes please help us out.😘

Having said all of that, some of my CPK D3V blades are left lying around inside the house without any rust preventative used, and rust has not been a problem in a fairly well-controlled environment.
I attach the Basic 5" Field Knife to the outside of my waterfowl pack. I've been on two separate 3 day Eider hunts in Cape Cod in the last month and have been rained on and splashed with more salt water than I can remember since wind gusts were 30mph on a few of the days. After getting back, I completely forgot about the knife. I took it out and the knife and cleaned it the next day thinking it was going to have a lot of rust. To my surprise, not a single speck of rust. So I'm not going to worry about rust any time soon.

Back