What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

I still say we need a CPK (Carothers Performance Kukri ;)).

~Chip

Just the Behemoth Chopper as a Pre-Order production run... So those who want one can get one...

Fingers crossed.

Lawrie

Along the lines of what has already been mentioned, seasonal offerings would be nice. A roast fork or carving knife for T-Day. Pumpkin carver for Halloween. Something cute for V-Day. So on and so forth...

Along the lines of what has already been mentioned, seasonal offerings would be nice. A roast fork or carving knife for T-Day. Pumpkin carver for Halloween. Something cute for V-Day. So on and so forth...

I concur ;)

I'd love to see what Nathan's take on a carving set (knife and fork) would be.

~Chip
P.s. Dibs on one from the first batch of he bites ;)

I'm not aware of a CPK that's crafted out of ca. .095 stock.

But I'm very new to Carothers, only being aware of the brand for a little over 2 years...so maybe there is...if so I apologize for my ignorance of the subject. :oops:

Full height flat grind would take advantage of the geometry best. It'd be tempting to beef up the spine a bit but that'd may be encouraging some folks to baton <a little maybe> and the lateral stress on the stock would likely induce a catastrophic failure. :eek:
Plus, it'd defeat the purpose of the design, IMHO.

Just seems like one of the few bases the Carothers Crew doesn't have covered ATM. A filet blade being another. Maybe one blade could cover both?

But what do I know? I don't design em or grind em...I just buy em. :)

Still, it'd be nice to have a go-to blade for cutting the tape on CPK goodie boxes and afterwards processing the cardboard for the recycling bin ;) ... CPK STYLE! :cool:

A DAGGER with a 5" blade, somewhat like a Loveless bootknife but much more the look and shape of the Carothers Dagger (see below):

xlarge.jpg

Last edited:
No better way to explain than with the words direct from the Evil Genius hisself:

"The scales are fully bonded with Acraglas and there is a total of 16 threaded hidden pins going into a total of 32 blind threaded holes in the Micarta scales. The blade, guard, tangs and pommel are all milled of a single piece, there are no joints. If you hold it at the guard and give it a little thump the entire dagger rings. It's a very solid weapon."

Materials are Latrobe A2 and Westinghouse micarta.

Back