What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

It is so cold here that the airline coming into the shop froze up. I've had the water freeze up before, hell it did that this morning even though we had water running, but this is the first time I've ever had the air freeze up.

^^^Yup, came back from Florida after being gone for 6 days (Monday the 1st of Jan-The weather in the florida panhandle was cold) and noticed the upstairs heating wasn't working properly. Seems the Condensation line had frozen -Brilliant:mad:
Next came a drink of water, NOPE, water pipe frozen (I had forgot to leave a faucet on:mad:) Brilliant
Then Tuesday went out to start the truck and the damn battery was Dead:mad:-Brilliant

I enjoy the change of seasons, (In Moderation) but not this Crap

Yeah this weather is just rough. Currently 10° here and will be -1°
at wake up :-(

I would like to see a Rambo Style knife with serrations, and maybe a very mild re-curve (as designed Jimmy Lile), or a knife style similar to one that was known as the Razor back by Robert Hajovsky. I always liked those designs from year ago.

I saw this in another area of the forums today and thought a CPK D3V version could be cool:

spd_beohawk_6w_1024x1024-jpg.827387

That Medium Chopper is beautiful (like the other Nathan art work).

But it’s really big and heavy. It seems many of the Carothers Aficionados have their Field Knives and HDFKs and there is little hope for those of us that want/need one of these very practical users. They clamor for something different but perhaps there is a quiet majority that would love to get a have a Carothers Classic. I for one would love to see a run of what may be, to many, a more practical rather than collectible showpiece.

Nathan, please consider doing a poll to see if these “old” models are still in high demand. Of course, I may be way off. I defer the The Machinist.

I believe you are, as you say, way off. First of all, the chopper series of blades are lighter than you think. No one I know considers them to be heavy. Frankly, I think almost any poll's results tend to be skewed based on precisely how the question is asked, what words are used in asking and how many choices are give to vote upon. Polls do no good. Personally, I don't need a poll to tell me that whatever Nathan produces is quickly gone.

Are you aware there is going to be an FK 2.0 produced and that there will be another run, at some point, of the HDFK? Just wait for what suits you. You can pick up quite a bit of useful information by perusing the threads in this subforum.

Last edited:
David45 David45 I lean more towards practical use, so I can relate to your wants. There are a LOT of choppers in the pipeline, with more coming. But like Bob mentioned, there are others coming as well.

Check out the EDC2 (fantastic small knife). There’s a Friday sale coming up for those. And keep an eye on Buy/Sell/Trade thread. Several Field Knives have moved there this week alone.

Nathan, please consider doing a poll to see if these “old” models are still in high demand.

They're definitely in high demand, but Nathan already knows this. He retired the Field Knife at perhaps the height of its popularity. He'd sell every one of them he could produce right now, but he just gets tired of building the same pattern day in and day out. Same thing with the potato annihilator, he's said he doesn't want to make any more of them. Not trying to squelch your enthusiasm for the classic patterns, just letting you know what Nathan has shared with us regarding building those patterns.

That Medium Chopper is beautiful (like the other Nathan art work).

But it’s really big and heavy. It seems many of the Carothers Aficionados have their Field Knives and HDFKs and there is little hope for those of us that want/need one of these very practical users. They clamor for something different but perhaps there is a quiet majority that would love to get a have a Carothers Classic. I for one would love to see a run of what may be, to many, a more practical rather than collectible showpiece.

Nathan, please consider doing a poll to see if these “old” models are still in high demand. Of course, I may be way off. I defer the The Machinist.

I think the DEK1 will be a new classic. That's the goal, anyway!

Back