What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

I am in my 60s, and as the guy from Farmers Ins. says, I’ve seen a thing or two. I have been a light user and mostly just an enthusiast collector of knives for many years but never had the discretionary income to just buy whatever I wanted, especially customs. So, the aftermarket prices keep me from going the instant gratification secondary market route.

But I do know a good knife and a fair price when I see one. The, what I would call more practical user Carothers knives certainly fit into this category. However, buying direct involves competing with computer ninjas, gladiators and folks that have access to very high speed internet at 3pm. You folks are wonderful but tough buying competitors.

I am none of those things. So I’ll try to be patient, build up the knife budget a little, wait for the right stars to align, hope I get permission from the Mrs. (who tired of my collecting many years ago) and pray for a guardian angel to proxy for me when the classics come back into favor.

In the meantime, I’ll probably stumble around here and take my best shots at an EDC, upcoming DEK1 or a medium chopper because I have the fever. Maybe it will pass as so many other fevers have, and something else will succumb to my acquisition disorder.

Maybe Fiddleback will grab my attention again, but for now it’s Carothers Knives!

Last edited:
That Medium Chopper is beautiful (like the other Nathan art work).

But it’s really big and heavy. It seems many of the Carothers Aficionados have their Field Knives and HDFKs and there is little hope for those of us that want/need one of these very practical users. They clamor for something different but perhaps there is a quiet majority that would love to get a have a Carothers Classic. I for one would love to see a run of what may be, to many, a more practical rather than collectible showpiece.

Nathan, please consider doing a poll to see if these “old” models are still in high demand. Of course, I may be way off. I defer the The Machinist.

I hear you. We're selling the 3" EDC now, we have a batch of HDFK in production and we have the Field Knife 2 and the DEK1 on the board for this year. I agree with your opinion and I try to run a mix of things.

Nathan just had an Edc 2 pre-order-3.3 inch blade, (Practical user I believe) People that visit this forum regularly have been wanting a Big Chopper, what happened? Behemoth Chopper Pre-order! Other people wanted (requested) a Chopper similar to the Light Chopper with a little extra weight, Result (Projected Pre-order this Spring)! Also Nathan has stated he will re-introduce a Utility Fighter (6 inch Blade) sometime this year! The FK 2.0 and DEK, both 4-5 inch blades are in the works!
That Medium Chopper is beautiful (like the other Nathan art work).

But it’s really big and heavy. It seems many of the Carothers Aficionados have their Field Knives and HDFKs and there is little hope for those of us that want/need one of these very practical users. They clamor for something different but perhaps there is a quiet majority that would love to get a have a Carothers Classic. I for one would love to see a run of what may be, to many, a more practical rather than collectible showpiece.

Nathan, please consider doing a poll to see if these “old” models are still in high demand. Of course, I may be way off. I defer the The Machinist.
Here was the last Poll Nathan took! As you can see all have been offered or are slated for a Sale! Good luck
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/another-pre-order.1516295/

Nathan just had an Edc 2 pre-order-3.3 inch blade, (Practical user I believe) People that visit this forum regularly have been wanting a Big Chopper, what happened? Behemoth Chopper Pre-order! Other people wanted (requested) a Chopper similar to the Light Chopper with a little extra weight, Result (Projected Pre-order this Spring)! Also Nathan has stated he will re-introduce a Utility Fighter (6 inch Blade) sometime this year! The FK 2.0 and DEK, both 4-5 inch blades are in the works!

Here was the last Poll Nathan took! As you can see all have been offered or are slated for a Sale! Good luck
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/another-pre-order.1516295/

I maybe splitting hairs but... Although Nathan had stated the part which I have bolded in black, the part bolded in red in the parentheses refers to what the older and now retired UF pattern was. In fact IIRC, Nathan had stated that the newer UF pattern would be something in between the FK (don't recall if 1.0 or the 2.0 version) and the older UF pattern. Now Nathan may have completely revised all that and if so, inquiring minds would luv to know his latest thoughts regarding this subject :)

Dawkind Dawkind That may be a new one. Reminds me of a thought I’ve had a couple times now. Nathan is becoming like the Steve Jobs of the knife world. HE tells US what we want. ;) And then everything sells in seconds.

That beauty as pictured is just a one off which was made for the Queen of the Castle ;) I don't believe that any of the other 3 Daggers known of in the wild have that exact exquisite and unique look / finish.

What's the right word for the level of skill that it requires to physically produce such a thing? Mad respect for this level of master craftsmanship.

That beauty as pictured is just a one off which was made for the Queen of the Castle ;) I don't believe that any of the other 3 Daggers known of in the wild have that exact exquisite and unique look / finish.
I was thinking my Queen needed one of these also:p She has been expressing interest in Daggers recently, and I really want to keep her happy:D

Back