What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

Don't get me wrong. I love my Field Knife. But I think the FK with an extra inch of blade length would be awesome.

Here is what I suggest
Please feel free to add/modify this post:
-6inch blade
-Around 3/16 thick or less
-Slight drop point (tough point so it doesn't snap off)
-Delta 3V
-tero tuff handles
-kydex sheath

I think we can all agree that field knife is really great. I don't know that adding 1 inch would be worth a whole new knife, but maybe adding two or three for the combat/survival knife? Obviously there would be other differences to account for as the functions would be different, but that blade profile is beautiful...

I think we can all agree that field knife is really great. I don't know that adding 1 inch would be worth a whole new knife, but maybe adding two or three for the combat/survival knife? Obviously there would be other differences to account for as the functions would be different, but that blade profile is beautiful...

I like this post!

For my part, every pattern is developed independently. No swapping out handles or blades to other designs. Handles and/or blades might end up looking really similar in the end, but my approach is to develop a knife pattern holistically. I start from scratch every single time. No tracing, no CAD edits, just lots of graphite and eraser action. Usually more eraser action. It's an immersive experiment wherein my attention is focused solely on the intention and possibilities attached to the desired end result.

a sixish inch survival/camp knife will differ somewhat in every aspect, design-wise, from the FieldKnife.

There will be many similarities, but there will also be similarities with the LightChopper.

It will have a blade length of 6+ inches.
It will be thick and wide with a bevel profile somewhere between the FK and the LC.
It will have a fuller.
It will have a finger choil.
It will have a thumb ramp.
It will likely have two different lanyard mounting options.
It will have an adaptable sheath.
It might have one other very slightly interesting feature not worth discussing yet.

We are discussing the possibility of a Christmas release time for this new model. I'll start up a new thread when the right time manifests itself.

I like this post!

For my part, every pattern is developed independently. No swapping out handles or blades to other designs. Handles and/or blades might end up looking really similar in the end, but my approach is to develop a knife pattern holistically. I start from scratch every single time. No tracing, no CAD edits, just lots of graphite and eraser action. Usually more eraser action. It's an immersive experiment wherein my attention is focused solely on the intention and possibilities attached to the desired end result.

a sixish inch survival/camp knife will differ somewhat in every aspect, design-wise, from the FieldKnife.

There will be many similarities, but there will also be similarities with the LightChopper.

It will be thick and wide with a bevel profile somewhere between the FK and the LC.
It will have a fuller.
It might have one other very slightly interesting feature not worth discussing yet.

We are discussing the possibility of a Christmas release time for this new model. I'll start up a new thread when the right time manifests itself.

I'm in

I like this post!

It will have a fuller.

I'm not 100% sold on the finger choil, or the flint in the handle... errr I mean the interesting feature not worth discussing yet, but I am ready to do a rendering for you now like I did with the EDC.

I'm not 100% sold on the finger choil, or the flint in the handle... errr I mean the interesting feature not worth discussing yet, but I am ready to do a rendering for you now like I did with the EDC.

Lol! Please do :)

Oh, yeah. No finger choil.
+1

IMO, finger choils on mid size knives remove blade edge from the area that allows the highest direct force application, being that it's the point nearest the handle. I'm sure others see it differently.

IMO, finger choils on mid size knives remove blade edge from the area that allows the highest direct force application, being that it's the point nearest the handle. I'm sure others see it differently.

If they do, they are WRONG. Bahahahahaha.

Boo hiss on you no choil people! Hahaha, just kidding!
Ok, no seriously boo hiss! :smile:

In actuality, I understand the comment about the loss of edge length, but honestly...I really like the way they look! So besides the intended practical use, I feel it adds aesthetic value

Please no choil !!
6 inch is the perfect length for a survival knife people will actually carry
Longer knives will probably stay home

This 6" knife... Are you guys wanting a moderate thickness like the 3/16" Field Knife, or something really stout like the 1/4" Shiv?

Back