What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

Double or single edged 8-81/2 inch Ultimate Fighter (Based after the Current UF)
Thicker at the Ricasso .220 vs 1.65
Wider-2 inches vs 1 1/2 inches?
and a Totally new and Re-designed Handle

stock-vector-female-emoticon-showing-thumb-up-665895325.jpg

Would someone please post a foto of the ancient Roman multi tool that puts all the new ones to shame . That's about 2,000 years old ! :p some one please make one like that with some steel like S35VN . I'd buy one !! Just need a back up for my gladius !:)

I'd like to see CPK put something out to rival Dan's Super Assassin! Not quite the full 23" and 2-handed grip of the SA, but maybe 18"-20" blade and a handle and a half? With "BadmotherfuXXer" printed on it. If anyone can do it, CPK can!

I'd like to see CPK put something out to rival Dan's Super Assassin! Not quite the full 23" and 2-handed grip of the SA, but maybe 18"-20" blade and a handle and a half? With "BadmotherfuXXer" printed on it. If anyone can do it, CPK can!

that's something I could get behind

I'm IN!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

We really need

1) a thumb dagger OSS style, super steel

2) a bushcrafter with blade .125 thick max, and zero scandi grind, and exotic wood handles, 3.75-4 inch blade, super steel - this knife should be as thin as possible and with CPK heat treat maybe it could be .100 thick

3) a small dagger (integral please) with 4 inch blade, super steel

4) a large thinnish, wide, nimble bowie style knife like the KBar Big Brother knife, except with CPK ergo handle, super steel, and no serrated back edge.

5) a samurai sword of some type, super steel

6) traditional slip joint, super steel

7) modern locking folder, size large, super steel

Shiv folder
~4" fullered blade
Wave opener
Hmmm... that description, made by CPK in AEBL (or another stainless), might very well dethrone my m390 ZT0620CF for EDC.

Love the Wave opening feature. Stroke of genius by Ernie, IMO. Such a simple thing, and yet, it's the first (and still, only?) design that makes drawing a pocketknife, AND deploying/opening the blade, into 1 movement, as opposed to 2 separate movements with everything else.

Waveable folders deploy faster than switchblades.

As much as I like the ZT0620CF (beefy blade. Odd tanto-ish design that's still a usable cutter), based on what (little) I know of m390, ZT certainly didn't optimize the heat treat for it.

Therein lies one of the key reasons that drew me to the works of our evil genius: None of the commercial companies has the time, or inclination, to test, tweak and optimize various geometries and heat treats with the goal of ultimate performance 'bang-for-the-buck'.

Commercial companies focus on 'good enough' to draw customers, and make money.

Even many of the custom/semi-custom knifemakers tend to focus on aesthetics with less emphasis specifically on performance.

I haven't found ANYONE else that provides the performance-focused bang-for-the-buck that CPK does.

Wave opener

that's not an option, unfortunately, due to Emerson's very proactive approach to protecting their intellectual property

that's not an option, unfortunately, due to Emerson's very proactive approach to protecting their intellectual property
Ah. I thought the patent must have lapsed with a sudden 'wave' of folders from Kershaw and ZT appearing with the feature. Must be a licensed collaboration thing.

I probably could not lift one one-handed, but I still want one :)

Ah. I thought the patent must have lapsed with a sudden 'wave' of folders from Kershaw and ZT appearing with the feature. Must be a licensed collaboration thing.
Yep, those are collaborations with Emerson designs in addition to the wave. Been doing them for years.

Back