What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

That is unfortunate, But i am more than willing to wait:D Maybe a Preorder is in order (for the UF) about the same time the FK2 becomes available;) This would allow people the choice to spend their funds to suit their particular needs:eek:

latest

I know you mean’t to say, “all of our funds on everything”, right?:D Mike

I would love to see blue G10 return and offered on the FK2's. Such a great well suited colour for that model.

I know you mean’t to say, “all of our funds on everything”, right?:D Mike
No Mike, Unfortunately that is not correct ;) I maintain separate FUN accounts for knives, guns, and Christmas (Lady Di has top priority-and consequently the largest allocated Budget) Christmas is less than 2 Months away:eek:

Consequently after the recent purchase of the CPK Choppers, (Believe i may have more CPK's then firearms-This is UNACCEPTABLE FOR ME) The Firearm account has more funds available, and so................

I have some FK's so my remaining knife funds must be geared toward one particular Model:(
(I Don't deviate from my allocated Yearly Budget Plan) :) The New 2019 budget will not be available for several months
:mad:

Last edited:
No Mike, Unfortunately that is not correct ;) I maintain separate FUN accounts for knives, guns, and Christmas (Lady Di has top priority-and consequently the largest allocated Budget) Christmas is less than 2 Months away:eek:

Consequently after the recent purchase of the CPK Choppers, (Believe i may have more CPK's then firearms-This is UNACCEPTABLE FOR ME) The Firearm account has more funds available, and so................

I have some FK's so my remaining knife funds must be geared toward one particular Model:(
(I Don't deviate from my allocated Yearly Budget Plan) :) The New 2019 budget will not be available for several months
:mad:

That sounds entirely reasonable. Keeps you from getting into trouble. More folks should consider handling things this way. Mike

Hey all!
I'm pretty new to the CPK forum and have kind of fallen in love. The designs and science behind all of this is so awesome.

I've just finished up reading the suggestions and I think some excellent ones have come up, so I'd like to throw in my own variations on some ideas to see what sticks.

I hope it's ok that I jump in all at once.

In order of priority for me would be:

1) A knife similar to the Field Knife, but slightly smaller with a 4 inch blade made of D3V.
For me, this should be basically a "do anything" blade. I know those don't really exist, but it's always good to have an awesome all-arounder.

For me, getting an OG Field Knife is not very likely, given how prized they are by their owners.
I know Lorien was (is) working on the DEK1 and I'm extremely excited for it, so maybe this is moot, but just in case, you know?

Having something that's 4 inches in blade would for me hit the sweet spot between the EDCs, which might be a touch small for some tasks, and the Field Knife's ~4.5" which would be too big to carry around without causing problems in public. Maybe just call it an EDC XL!

2) I would love to see a khukuri get made. It is my favouite style and there really aren't very many high end, modern material khukuris on the market, so something made with the skill and materials employed by CPK would be the king of the hill for sure.

I'm thinking a 10 or 12 inch blade, made of stock thickness similar to the heavy choppers, though it could be anything.

A khukuri could also be a great test bed for different techniques. For example, it could be made with a thinner spine than body, like on a traditional Ang Khola style, or with compound grinds where the bevel is higher at the curve near the handle and lower at the belly of the blade. Different zones of the blade for different cutting tasks.

3) A CPK machete with D3V would blow everything else out of the water in my opinion. Style-wise it could be made like the choppers are, but a bit thinner and perhaps 14-18 inches in blade length. I can't think of any machete made now that would even come close to that.

4) Finally, and this is a bit off of the wall, I would like to see a CPK straight razor. Something that is distinctly their style and utalizing their famous attention to steal treatment would be really exceptional. It could be made out of any steel they wanted, really. But perhaps a stainless would be best. Something like AEB-L for example, which could take a crazy sharp edge.

This would also be a step toward a folding knife, if that is something that might come down the pipe one day.

5) Finally, a whole set of kitchen knives. Granted, a whole set may not happen due to how difficult and time consuming making up all of those designs would be, but having a match set of all of the kitchen classics would be a dream for me. Start with an 8 inch chef's knife and go from there as it would be a great all-arounder. Possibly a fusion between a gyoto and a German style. Those are very popular, and with good reason.

Anyway, those are my ideas. I know that I'd get every one of them if I could. I'm sure others would be interested too.

Hey all!
I'm pretty new to the CPK forum and have kind of fallen in love. The designs and science behind all of this is so awesome.

I've just finished up reading the suggestions and I think some excellent ones have come up, so I'd like to throw in my own variations on some ideas to see what sticks.

1) A knife similar to the Field Knife, but slightly smaller with a 4 inch blade made of D3V.
For me, this should be basically a "do anything" blade. I know those don't really exist, but it's always good to have an awesome all-arounder.

For me, getting an OG Field Knife is not very likely, given how prized they are by their owners.
I know Lorien was (is) working on the DEK1 and I'm extremely excited for it, so maybe this is moot, but just in case, you know?

Having something that's 4 inches in blade would for me hit the sweet spot between the EDCs, which might be a touch small for some tasks, and the Field Knife's ~4.5" which would be too big to carry around without causing problems in public. Maybe just call it an EDC XL!

2) I would love to see a khukuri get made. It is my favouite style and there really aren't very many high end, modern material khukuris on the market, so something made with the skill and materials employed by CPK would be the king of the hill for sure.

I'm thinking a 10 or 12 inch blade, made of stock thickness similar to the heavy choppers, though it could be anything.

A khukuri could also be a great test bed for different techniques. For example, it could be made with a thinner spine than body, like on a traditional Ang Khola style, or with compound grinds where the bevel is higher at the curve near the handle and lower at the belly of the blade. Different zones of the blade for different cutting tasks.

3) A CPK machete with D3V would blow everything else out of the water in my opinion. Style-wise it could be made like the choppers are, but a bit thinner and perhaps 14-18 inches in blade length. I can't think of any machete made now that would even come close to that.

4) Finally, and this is a bit off of the wall, I would like to see a CPK straight razor. Something that is distinctly their style and utalizing their famous attention to steal treatment would be really exceptional. It could be made out of any steel they wanted, really. But perhaps a stainless would be best. Something like AEB-L for example, which could take a crazy sharp edge.

This would also be a step toward a folding knife, if that is something that might come down the pipe one day.

5) Finally, a whole set of kitchen knives. Granted, a whole set may not happen due to how difficult and time consuming making up all of those designs would be, but having a match set of all of the kitchen classics would be a dream for me. Start with an 8 inch chef's knife and go from there as it would be a great all-arounder. Possibly a fusion between a gyoto and a German style. Those are very popular, and with good reason.

Anyway, those are my ideas. I know that I'd get every one of them if I could. I'm sure others would be interested too.
I really like the idea of a CPK straight razor!!!
I’d even be hip to a fixed blade style as long as it has the fuller!

^^^Thanks Mike, January will begin a New Budget Year:thumbsup:;)
Hey all!

First Welcome to the CPK Forum:thumbsup: I too really like the idea of a ) A CPK machete with D3V would blow everything else out of the water in my opinion. Style-wise it could be made like the choppers are, but a bit thinner and perhaps 14-18 inches in blade length. I can't think of any machete made now that would even come close to that.

This could be called the LCM (Light Chopper Machete-Based after the original LC with the profile of the Newer MC! 12 inches in length with the same thickness .187-.188

Also the DEk 1 a 4.25? inch blade with AEB-L Steel and the excellent FK 2 in D3V are both scheduled to make their Debut in 2019

Again Welcome, and thanks for you input:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I really like the idea of a CPK straight razor!!!
I’d even be hip to a fixed blade style as long as it has the fuller!
A fixed blade style would be very cool. Certainly not as common. Then we could see what they do with their interpretation of the best grip area. It would be neat to see an actual, specialized handle style.

I would like to add bear/wild boar hunting spear to the list of requests.

I don't want to get off topic, but this suggestion just made me think. I feel like Nathan is always trying to come up with ideas that he feels like he can make a substantial improvement on. He doesn't just want to make a thing, he wants to make an extraordinary thing. And when I think of extraordinary boar spears... well there is only one thing that comes to my mind: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/boar-spear-«morse-taper»-by-andrey-grachev.1292058/

I mean, how does Nathan take that to the next level ;)

Hey all!

I believe @Lorien made a khukri a year or so ago that had the fuller like a chopper etc it was a true beauty that made me think i need one. :) i too am begging for the folder

while that is a lovely spear and dagger contraption, i was kind of hoping it had a muzzleloader built into the spear?!

i think CPK could improve on the classic boar spear with a dedicated spear head.

think about- end of world, out of .22 ammo, you need a spear that wont let you down.

Last edited:
while that is a lovely spear and dagger contraption, i was knod of hoping it had a muzzleloader built into the spear?!

i think CPK could improve on the classic boar spear with a dedicated spear head.

think about- end of world, out of .22 ammo, you need a spear that wont let you down.
Out of .22 ammo?!? Uhhh, yeah, that will NEVER happen.

while that is a lovely spear and dagger contraption, i was knod of hoping it had a muzzleloader built into the spear?!

I would have to shoot over 20,000 rounds to be out:p

I would like a 9 inch blade chopper that is 0.25 thick and 2.5 wide
A heavy hitter that is still easy to carry ( at least for me)

Back