What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

More UFK/FK2 please :) :) :)
Maybe offer a weaponized option ? Swedge , etc :)

I may have mentioned this before ;):D
yeah, I need to do some custom field knives with options like thinner grinds, harder heat treat, swedge, or 90° spine, etc. I would need to do a lot of this while I'm Machining them which we're doing now. It might be pre-order time...

yeah, I need to do some custom field knives with options like thinner grinds, harder heat treat, swedge, or 90° spine, etc. I would need to do a lot of this while I'm Machining them which we're doing now. It might be pre-order time...

th

;):thumbsup:

Has there been any discussion of something halfway between (lengthwise) the HDFK and HDMC? That seems like it would be a winning combo and I will be all over that.

There was an idea being floated around by Lorien about a CPK Camp Knife which was going to be between a CPK-LC and an HDFK. Nathan has this thing called his white-board where all the ideas get penned. That said, there is a lot of stuff already going on for a small shop like Nathan's with 4 people including both Nathan & Jo. To be honest, I'm already very, very impressed as to how fast he turns around so many new pattern and so much for this small operation. Lest we forget that he does other things which we don't even hear about.

TL; DR: yup, there were some ideas about a 7"-8" camp knife but CPK has its plate and schedule pretty much filled up for 2020.

Last edited:
There was an idea being floated around by Lorien about a CPK Camp Knife which was going to be between a CPK-LC and an HDFK. Nathan has this thing called his white-haired where all the ideas get penned. That said, there is a lot of stuff already going on for a small shop like Nathan's with 4 people including both Nathan & Jo. To be honest, I'm already very, very impressed as to how fast he turns around so many new pattern and so much for this small operation. Lest we forget that he does other things which we don't even hear about.

TL; DR: yup, there were some ideas about a 7"-8" camp knife but CPK has its plate and schedule pretty much filled up for 2020.

Good stuff! I definitely get it about the capacity. Here's to hoping they put a HDCK (8" Heavy Duty Camp Knife) in the queue for sometime in the future! I use my 8" Chef's knife for pretty much everything in the kitchen, and that length is pretty ideal in my opinion. It would be a fantastic all around camp knife for pretty much everything.

On a side note I finally tracked down an HDFK, so my first CPK should be here next week! Have to decide on my final options for the FK2 pre-order soon here too. I think I have changed it 20 times by now. Every time I read a new (archived) thread I switch it up. I think I am close to making a final decision! :eek:

Well...at least a camp knife has the term “knife” in the name (as opposed to chopper). Big knives are fun, but the least used blade you will probably ever own (at least for non-Canadian, non-trail building suburbanites). I welcome the return of actual knife production to the fine jaws of the Mori. :p :)

Back