What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

What I would love is something along the same size/pattern as the esee cr2.5 but with more of a drop point instead of a straight spine, a little thinner, and in a good steel that stays sharp but can sharpen easy.
I was just about to bring this up. A b&t for more delicate work. Definitely d2. I like two knives when I hunt. One for gutting and skinning, and another for cutting out the anus and caping, as well as having more control on small game. Something with a thin profile that gets into tight spots.

Yes ^^ Count me in on this as well. I have been patiently waiting for the chopper period to run its course and for the return of the small knife. Totally self serving but I have an LC and don't want or need anything bigger and my FK and FK2 are as large as I would practically carry into the woods. Actually, bigger than what I normally carry.

I took my D2 EDC on a bow trip for whitetail last week but the blade profile is too tall and the handle too thick for an ideal field dressing blade or for small game. Don't get me wrong, it definitely gets the job done but something smaller and thinner would make it even easier.

I do LOVE the D2 though. :)

The only small(ish) upcoming CPK fixed blade will be the DEK1 which IIRC stands for Defensive Everyday Knife, so at a bit longer than 4" in its BL it won't be that small and I have no idea as to how tall the blade profile will be (Nathan has been quiet about this pattern). The Skinner in D2 is an older pattern, in fact it is the pattern which started Nathan's whole commercial knife-making enterprise on here back in 2007/08! Rumor has it that maybe there are about a dozen of so blanks/chips, but nothing that would compel Nathan and crew who are swamped with the existing projects to go back to the vestige of the Skinner remnants. Maybe a half dozen or so will ultimately be finished and then offered as specialty projects and/or for the fulfillment of older requests/favors (I had said orders but that was not the right term so corrected it).

Seems like the roll call will be as follows:

- Completing the Behemother open orders
- Completing UF/DEF preorders
- K18 process has already started
- FK2 preorders just wrapped up

Then DEK1, Kephart and Folder(?) maybe in this order or maybe not. This is already quite a feat for a Co the size of CPK specially with the customization extras which they offer.

Last edited:
Yes, I don't see this as something that will happen in the immediate future but it looks like there is a ready market for when/if it happens. None of my needs are time critical and I have enough CPK blades to keep me occupied and happy for the foreseeable future. ;)

I agree with you H_T and think that it will be a winner, a great winning pattern actually. If I had to bet, I'd wager that Nathan must already have some tweaks in mind. Maybe he's already thinking / working on setting up the tooling and platens, etc. I am not versed in the machinists' world so I really dunno.

It is NOT going to happen for awhile, But the only knife I am excited about is the Integral Shiv

cjish.jpg

Google is your friend.

An Integral fixed blade is one made of all one billet of steel. This means that the blade, bolsters, tang, and pommel are all made out of one single piece of steel. ... We just refer to it as simply Integral. The Chute Knife, the Integral Hunter, and the Sting Knife are Integral knives and are very strong because of it.

Think Nathan's dagger.
Carothers_dagger.jpg

Google is your friend.

An Integral fixed blade is one made of all one billet of steel. This means that the blade, bolsters, tang, and pommel are all made out of one single piece of steel. ... We just refer to it as simply Integral. The Chute Knife, the Integral Hunter, and the Sting Knife are Integral knives and are very strong because of it.

Think Nathan's dagger.
Carothers_dagger.jpg

That's actually Jo's Dagger ;) Made by Nathan named the Queen Dagger which is 8" :)

Back