What knife would you like to see next from CPK?

Hey Nathan, how about making some 5" UF handled knives like the one on top in this pic?
2.jpg~original

^ I should do one for some fun Friday
And maybe do a couple other interesting pieces each week for a few more fun fridays --- and maybe announce it in advance, along with what number posts will get it. In other words, let everyone know that although there are like, two knives on the fun Friday, people should still try to get one, because the pre-selected and pre-announced (announced when the thread opens) number posts will win. That makes for a REALLY random fun Friday.

And maybe do a couple other interesting pieces each week for a few more fun fridays --- and maybe announce it in advance, along with what number posts will get it. In other words, let everyone know that although there are like, two knives on the fun Friday, people should still try to get one, because the pre-selected and pre-announced (announced when the thread opens) number posts will win. That makes for a REALLY random fun Friday.

That's no fun, it makes it a lottery if you declare by post number.

I like the idea of winning post numbers. Otherwise the same fast ones will always win.

I like the idea of winning post numbers. Otherwise the same fast ones will always win.

An actual lottery is the solution to that. Collect posts for ~20 seconds and turn it off, draw a number. It's not rocket science. I like fast posts because it's fun to see where you land among the pack. It adds enough luck to timing to be fun, and setting an alarm can increase your odds.

Makes more sense to allow more than 20 seconds' worth of participation. That allows everyone to have a chance. I never post in the sales threads, as many of you know, so I have no vested interest in this, other than seeing a fun, fair, participative event take place.

But it's only an idea. I imagine it is something that's probably already been considered before, perhaps with more important considerations involved.

Last edited:
I'm with Sir Mr. Bob but then again I'm just a persona-non-grata. This topic has been often discussed/proposed but even on the one-off kinda stuff, Nathan either rejected or preferred to stick with his proclivity for FCFS.

Welp, he's the guv'nor and we're just his elves / munchkins so what he says goes and we mutter doesn't! Personally anymore, I've given up on scoring anything one-off.

I was perusing Nathan’s old sales and saw something I had never seen before!

Man I can't recall ever having seen it either. I think I'd remember it, instant winner!

He only made one or two of those 5"ers, a few years back.............

Wow Bob this one slipped by me, it looks awesome. Did you snag one? Man look at that high primary grind!

Back