What knife would you like to see with MagnaCut blade steel?

I'd like to see it on a Caribbean. It's my favorite knife for everyday carry, but LC200N edge retention is bleh. Since blade corrosion resistance is less important than hardware and liner corrosion resistance, I think Magnacut would work well. Or even S110v or M390. Those are all high corrosion resistance steels with better edge performance than LC200N.

Spyderco will definitely pump out a Mule in the new stainless steel first and hopefully make at least 1500-2000 instead of the normal 600!

After that I'm assuming we'll see a Para 3, Paramilitary 2, And Manix 2 come down the line!

Do they always use a Mule first, in order to test the steel?
Not always, but it is a good way for them to learn how to work the steel. Assuming you are referring to the Mule Team project and not the generic mules they make for testing.

Doubt it will happen; but I'd like a Sage 2 in MagnaCut. Or an Advocate.

When magnacut was first posted on this forum my first thought was military, I wouldn't mind a shaman also

all this "excitement" for this new steel MagnaCut is BS,start first making a wider range of Spyderco knives using 3V,4V,Cruwear and some.
Magnacut projects to be a stainless 4V essentially. I'd still like 3V for the toughness (although not sure that much is needed in a folder) but personally, if I'd prefer Magnacut to 4V if it is indeed a stainless version of it.

Back