What knife would you use to kill a bear?

Don't forget to dress appropriately. :rolleyes:

91nNpEDD7BL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

n2s

Gawd when is this farce of a thread going to end.........
Are you kidding? Just think of all the lives that have been saved and the bears killed in the 10 years this thread has been on going! This thread has been a wealth of life saving info and perennial amusement. Besides, I got in on the first page and got my first ding for the post. Being a smart guy.:) --KV

If I knew there were grizzly bears in the area I wouldn't be carrying a knife to defend myself from them.........unless I want to win the 2009 Darwin award.
What hes saying is that in the wilderness your knife being the most important survival tool after your brain, it may come down to having to use it if you have to. Since you should never enter the wild without a knife it might as well serve a self defense function as well. It might as well be big and sturdy enough to penetrate vitals

A Bear! :eek:

Nothing less than a Samuari Sword! :D

I've read stories of Bears being shot 14 times with a 44 magnum before going down. I don't think your odds are too good with a knife. imho.

Bill
If youve seen people spear hunt bears they drop very fast. Its proven that blades do more damage than most pistols if large enough even more than your 44 magnum. The PROBLEM is he had to be up on you. Google spear hunting bears. Those spears might as well be 12 guage slugs

Plenty of people hunt bear with archery equipment. There is a vast difference in hunting an animal that is not in fight mode VS defending yourself against an animal that has decided to kill you.

Stabbing Mike Tyson in the back while he is having dinner VS fighting him in the ring in his prime.

Bill

Plenty of people hunt bear with archery equipment. There is a vast difference in hunting an animal that is not in fight mode VS defending yourself against an animal that has decided to kill you.

Stabbing Mike Tyson in the back while he is having dinner VS fighting him in the ring in his prime.

Bill
Like i said..in case u didnt read, problem is he has to be up on you. Still what i said us a fact nevertheless, blades do alot of damage.

What does this thread and this bear have in common?
1507099756-screen-shot-2017-10-04-at-074721.png

It doesn't matter how many knives are put in them, they refuse to lie down and die!

Here's to the zombie bear stabbing thread, once more risen from the dead.
deadhorse.gif

If only there was an electronic version of Valyrian steel that could put it down for good.

What a question...

If I would caught without any preparation I would use whatever I have, to the very end.
If I can prepare and it needs to be a cutting edge, something like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halberd
Other than that: 12GA Magnum Slugs. Lots of them.

If all I had was a knife and providing I don’t pass out from shear terror, I’d want something like a Cold Steel Marauder with a 9” serrated blade, or perhaps an old military issue bayonet sharpened up nicely.

Back