What Knives Are Better Survival Knives Than The Esee 6?

I just picked up a busse anniversary mean street, and I love it. For me the ergos are great, and I've already done some carving, some batoning, and some light chopping.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I meant pliers not a wrench , sorry . And pliers of equal size to the surge I dont believe your statement to be true. Even has replaceable 154cm wire cutters on the leatherman pliers . Never have seen that on regular ol craftsman ones. But semantics. I think a blade like the Surv-tac can do anything the esee 6 can do . You find me something it cant and ill eat my hat . :)

Slice?

Looks like a very steep, low saber grind.

Hotsauce on my hat? sounds good haha Yea I'll say it may not be the best for fine toolwork . We shall see . Ill slice some tinder tomorrow. The grind is kinda funny . Ive heard it billed as a low starting flat grind and saber grind . These modified tanto blades are kinda hard to describe like that cause of the geometry .

We shall soon see though .

Well, I wish I was with you, with a full flat grind 3-5 inch drop point!

I got a wilson #1 in D2 ya can borrow !! :D
8YypXku.jpg

If you are looking for a knife the size, shape, cost, and made of like materials to the Esee 6, the Esee 6 is hard to beat! The Stock handle were fine for me but I upgraded anyway. And now that there are upgraded kydex made by LT Wright and sold by TKC, I got one of those too. Great bit of kit. Plus, since I've had it I've managed to survive.

L0koNnKh.jpg

ppnH5RIh.jpg

While you guys are arguing I'll have set up camp, shelter up, fire going, and dinner on the go :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxbNupxUygM

Good. Because that looks like a lot of work. "Survival" for me is just usually beating on some innocent trees with a large knife for no good reason, then opening the survival cooler for some survival salami, bushcraft cheese, and surv-tac beer.

You got wi-fi out there?

The vids not me; just some fun.
Survival can be for me having to drink American beer when away from home. Far too fizzy, cold and light. Give me a British bitter or even a Guinness.
(Its surprising where you can get a signal, wi-fi signal. Rang a friend the other year thinking he was in London, he was half way up Everest!).

I always thought that water tastes best when its been carried to the top of a mountain; then there isn't anything better (even when its been in some horrid military canteen for days).

greenJacket,

I don't know what Poduk towns you are hitting here in the USA? We have White bread, Guinness,Gold Harp etc and a few Brit Pubs here on the west coast.

Plenty of UK folk too.

greenJacket,

I don't know what Poduk towns you are hitting here in the USA? We have White bread, Guinness,Gold Harp etc and a few Brit Pubs here on the west coast.

Plenty of UK folk too.

Seriously. The selection of beer in this country is not in question.

Its been a while since I was last your side of the pond. Don't have the shooting invites I used to (mainly through the British Army); so a while ago. Had some good times but every Fort had Cool Lite as the sponsor, watery stuff; we thought the jugs were pints. Last time over it was for Shot Show (just to see what us Brits can't have); Las Vegas didn't have a good selection but then being a tourist I didn't know where to look.

Must find an excuse, or get an invite.

Its true, GSO's are hard to get, or at least wait. Good things are worth waiting for. (Had good authority Skramas will be back in stock 3-4 weeks, can only be got from one place).
Heck there is no best knife, and where would the fun be if there was?

Not far from my house there is a drive-thru beer warehouse. You can get just about anything made in reasonable numbers on this side of the Rockies there. The West coast has an even more ridiculous amount of beer selection.

Heck there is no best knife, and where would the fun be if there was?

And that would be my point. If you are looking for a knife with the exact specs and cost of an Esee 6, the Esee 6 will be the best option. If you are looking for something different, then something different will be best. The specs don't lie. Using the knife will be the only way to tell if you like it. The best knife is the knife you consider the best at a certain point in time given the exact tasks you will use it for. Completely subjective.

What fun would it be to only have one knife and consider it the bestest ever?

Not far from my house there is a drive-thru beer warehouse. You can get just about anything made in reasonable numbers on this side of the Rockies there. The West coast has an even more ridiculous amount of beer selection.

And that would be my point. If you are looking for a knife with the exact specs and cost of an Esee 6, the Esee 6 will be the best option. If you are looking for something different, then something different will be best. The specs don't lie. Using the knife will be the only way to tell if you like it. The best knife is the knife you consider the best at a certain point in time given the exact tasks you will use it for. Completely subjective.

What fun would it be to only have one knife and consider it the bestest ever?

^^^Wise words right there^^^

Back