What knives do women prefer for edc?

My wife carries a 285 Bantan as pictured above only it is purple camo.
My 80 year old mother carries a 290 Rush she finds it easy to open. She uses it to do chores on her farm.

About 4 months ago my granddaughter' had a problem with a employee at work. I took my 286 out of my pocket and handed it to her. I joke with her just about every time I see her now asking if she has a knife with her and she tells me "I have my pants on!" Since I consider a knife is mans basic tool I feel that half of 'mankind' should be encouraged to have that basic tool handy. So I do my part to encourage all the girls in my family to at least have one in there purse if not in there pocket. I kinda feel like Colt "Buck makes all folks equal."

I have gifted my wife several knives through the years. A Alpha Durado, a 340 and a 110 Buck lite 426. This last one I made a drop point blade for that maroon handle Buck Lite using the skinner blade from the V52 Selector. I took the hump off that skinner blade and gave it a graceful downward flow to the point. Then added a thumb stud. The blade steel is 425M. I made 2, 110's using this
Selector skinner blade. That's the one she likes carrying the most and has it with her always. It is the 4th knife in this photo. DM
DropPoints.jpg

Sorry, no Bucks.

My wife carries a Victorinox Classic on her key-chain, a Vic Camper in her purse, and a Spyderco waved Endura on her side.

I believe Smoky Mountain Knife Works does some kind of series about knives for women by women. It is called the SWAGS report or something like that. I think it is on their Facebook page. I do not do Facebook so you are on your own to find it.

I believe Smoky Mountain Knife Works does some kind of series about knives for women by women. It is called the SWAGS report or something like that. I think it is on their Facebook page. I do not do Facebook so you are on your own to find it.
Thanks DeSoto.
I'll check it out.
I'd like to stick with a Buck knife.

My daughter uses one of the lightweight 110s, the red one, smokejumper. She lives and works on a small farm. She loves the lightness of it, but with still enough substance to do work. When she lived in the city she carried a SAK. She may still carry the SAK.

My mom has a little strawberry bone Rough rider toothpick in her duffle bag, well at least that's what we all call it much to her chagrin. That thing is huge and she can never find anything so I'm not sure why she even bothers with the knife :D
My grandmother actually wears a little neck knife I made her out of an old file, lost the first at the beach so I made her another.

I've heard the 305 clipper was a very popular choice but I don't know if it's true or not.
I think the 524 alumni might be a good choice, the gold or blue might catch their eye quite well.

Last edited:
The Mrs. often asks to borrow one of my Buck folders for small chores around the house, so I just placed an order for the web special 286 Bantam in lavender camo for her. $10 for a Buck? You gotta be kidding!!! And she won't have to worry about me borrowing it from her, just like her Rem. 870 in pink camo. LOL!

Back