What knives would you include on an all-time landmark/watershed knife list?

What knives would you include on an all-time landmark/watershed knife list? Knives along the lines of:
  • KA-BAR USMC Combat Knife
  • Buck 110 Folder
  • JRM Barlow Knife
  • Case Trapper
Thanks much.

One of the old puma folders like the Emporer or Prince,or wood handled models,game warden,,maybe their White Hunter model,too.

Cold steel tanto
Randall model 1
Buck 110
Buses Steel Heart

n2s

Cold Steel Recon Tanto
Ka Bar 1217/USMC
SOG CISO bowie
Randall Model 1
Sykes-Fairbairn
Ek Commando

Buck 110
SAK
Cold Steel Voyager
Spyderco Endura

When you say landmark/watershed I think of knives that forever altered or made a huge impact on the knife industry overall. Not super cool knives.

Any such list that doesn't include the Spyderco C01 Worker would be terribly incomplete.

Barlow should also be added.

Maybe Kephart.

Surely the 110 belongs there.

I'd say Bowie but that's such a controversial subject that I'll let others sort that out.

Chris Reeves.

Whatever the first flipper was.

Spydero Maxamet (although it may have issues, it proved what a factory could do if they are dedicated)

I wonder how many Boy Scout pocket knives were made over the years? Or the Army equivalent with the metal scales.

Buck 110
Sebenza
Spyderco Shaman
Emerson CQC-7
Benchmade balisong
Microtech Scarab
Randall model 7
Kabar USMC
Cold Steel Master Tanto
Hinderer xm-18/24
Leatherman
Swiss Army Knives

Victorinox Soldier/Pioneer, Spartan, and Cadet.

Spyderco Endura, Delica, PM2

Buck 110, 112, Stockman, fixed blade.

Military ‘Demo’ knife.

The big question is this, if you could only place one knife from each manufacturer, what would you place on the list?

For me, Buck’s would be the 110.
For Victorinox, it must be the Alox Soldier/Pioneer.

When you say landmark/watershed I think of knives that forever altered or made a huge impact on the knife industry overall. Not super cool knives.

Any such list that doesn't include the Spyderco C01 Worker would be terribly incomplete.

Barlow should also be added.

Maybe Kephart.

Surely the 110 belongs there.

I'd say Bowie but that's such a controversial subject that I'll let others sort that out.

Chris Reeves.

Whatever the first flipper was.

Spydero Maxamet (although it may have issues, it proved what a factory could do if they are dedicated)

Thanks. As you note, I meant knives that have had a huge impact. Not merely cool knives.

I included the Barlow (by the John Russell Cutlery Co., no less) on the the first posting.

Back