What Leatherman would you recommend?

I like my LM Wave, it does the job I need it to do. Since when does looks good and a nice finish make a better tool unless you want pocket jewelry. The original poster asked about Leatherman not SAK.

Wouldn't be bladeforums if people did not awnser questions they were not asked based on experiences they dont have about products they dont own. Lol

Insert steel chemical make up and hear say below....

Nice choice, I have around a dozen different leathermans, and after letting my brother try them all out the wingman was his favorite for edc

I'll share my experiences with leatherman, but I've also had buck, Gerber and currently Victorinox & leatherman. I first owned a supertool. I wasn't a big fan as a teen. It dug into my hands and the tools clumped. I had multitools in between but sticking with leatherman my next was a surge. I loved the tool selection and pliers size, but overall it was too large for me. Next was a wave. I loved the wave. My friend at the time bought me a silver one. I used that and still love the wave. I gifted it to my brother after a few years use and bought myself the black oxide version. I then gifted that to my uncle and bought a charge tti. No complains on the wave but the charge is way more refined. Very smooth, comfortable, e.t.c. Is it worth the extra over the wave for your average user, definitely not. I'm not crazy about the s30v. Seems like it gets dull just sitting there. I carried both wave & charge with the pocket clip. The only complaint i have with the charge is I don't like the cap crimper pliers. If they put a regular head on it I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Now that I have my story, I currently carry a vic swisstool spirit in a skinth pouch with the ratchet kit & corkscrew. I carry the charge once in a while when I carry a firearm. I've been thinking about gifting it to someone and buying the aluminum charge.

If it has to be Leatherman I will go with the Rebar.
Victorinox I will go with the Spirit!

I carry the surge all the time. The LMs are easily modded. Here's a charge that has become a mini surge. Love it!!
76605241_10214662684992420_6160976207807512576_n_zpsc3xbb6ri.jpg

I carry a PST or a Rebar depending on what my needs are and what I’m wearing.

Rebar for a more all inclusive, and when I’m dressed for working or riding.

PST for when the pliers and screwdriver will probably be the most useful for the day and I’m dressed lighter for town.

I recently picked up a leatherman wave+ and added a pocket clip to it and it's the best thing that ever happened. At the same time I also picked up a leatherman free P2. Out of the two I stuck with and prefer the wave+ with the pocket clip. The clip on the P2 made a hot spot and it was very uncomfortable when trying to use the blade. The wave felt a lot sturdier and has a slightly smaller plier head which makes it more EDC friendly for me.

20200118_005632_compress83.jpg

Hi, I'm Salty and I'm a LM-aholic. I've got more than I need and back-ups for the favorites.

Contrary to some here, I never really warmed up to the Skeletool, even though I have two of them. It's the screwdriver bits that get to me - that goofy stowage arrangement for the alternate bit that not in the actual tool.

The Sidekick when outdoors (for the saw) and the Wingman for everywhere else are value pocket tools that work.

My favorite is the Wave and if I'm wearing a multi-tool on my belt, it will more often than not be the Wave - even though I have used them with the pocket clip as well.

A SuperTool 300 is attached to the backpack I have in the truck; it's a tank of a tool that can get stuff done.

I agree with the thinking that you should decide what you anticipate using the MT for and how you intend to carry it before choosing a particular model.

My daily use Leatherman tool keeps changing as do my needs. For the last year or more, I have been carrying a Rebar, which tool set is almost ideal for most of my current projects. As a supplement, I'm also carrying a Vic Manager for the pen and scissors, with an attached mini-light, thus covering all (most) bases, and I don't think a day has passed in all this time when I haven't used one, the other or both. Time was I could get along with a Charge TTi, but as life goes forward, I adapt. Glad I have the means.

Back