1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What light is in your EDC?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by dberry, Aug 12, 2018.

1. dberry

dberry

Oct 16, 2007
    I have carried a streamlight stylus pro for a couple years occassionally switching to a streamlight protac 2aa. Ive lost my 2nd stylus pro and got a surefire g2x pro. Im starting carrying the g2 as soon as I get a decent pocket clip for it. What do you carry?

2. Stang Bladeworks

Stang Bladeworks KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 19, 2018
    Olight smini in copper or titanium. I like the small size and i like that there is no magnet. I sometimes worry it could bother my phone or watch. I find the magnet attracts metal filings and debris. I also prefer the single cr123 power source. It lasts a while and has good output. I dont like dealing with recharging it either, so just replacing a battery every couple months is fine by me.

3. perchjerk

perchjerk Gold Member Gold Member

May 27, 2009
    Ive carried streamlight microstream USB for a good while now and I love it. Very light weight and comfortable to carry. I often forget its in my pockets and my wife sent it through the wash the other day. I took it out and its perfectly fine. Charges fine too. Great product and not very expensive.

mdauben and Odog27 like this.
  4. Dknight16

Dknight16 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2013
    McGizmo Haiku or Hanko Twisted Trident, or Oveready BOSS. It’s a glorious time for EDC torches.

Oh, and Maratac AAA Ti Rev. 3 on my keychain.

WinonaRail likes this.
  5. kbirk2003

kbirk2003

Jul 13, 2018
    Lumintop Tool AAA, just got it a few days ago. It is my first EDC flashlight.

Kalsu likes this.
  6. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    I've been carrying this LED AAA minimag since I got it in March or so and couldn't be happier.
    It's a simple classic looking light with a decent output and runtime, it's been perfectly reliable, and only cost $15-$20.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  7. Gizler00

Gizler00 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    HDs rotary. Lately it’s been a brass maratac aaa

8. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    Fenix E05 SS. Great sturdy flash light and compact most of all. I would like to have rechargeable though when I update.

9. jkwithawave

jkwithawave ..... Platinum Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Surefire Backup MV.

10. mabrowns

mabrowns

Apr 18, 2012
    Klaus Mi7Ti running a 14500 battery super bright and compact

11. patrick_ford

patrick_ford

Jan 5, 2008
    I have a Streamlight Protac 2L that I take everywhere. Super tough little light.

12. GB940Rookie

GB940Rookie Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Eagtac D25A Ti the vast majority of the time. Fenix LD41 when I need/want more.
    [​IMG]

MeanBeaver, Scott321 and jkwithawave like this.
  13. mbkr

mbkr

May 20, 2018
    I have a Photon Micro Light on each keychain. Super small, always there, puts out a decent amount of light, batteries last a long time. Small enough you always have it and better than a Bic.

14. SAKsRCool

SAKsRCool

Dec 2, 2007
    Streamlight microstream usb around the house and the streamlight protac 1L-1aaa out of the house.

15. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Depends on what I'm doing but from a Fenix LD12 to a Fenix PD35 Tac.

16. Scott321

Scott321

Jul 20, 2016
    I have a few fancier, brighter, and more expensive flashlights that I've accumulated over the years, but the Eagletac Clicky D25A Ti is the only one that rides in my pocket everyday and that has never left me wanting as an EDC. The D25C accepts rechargables and is much brighter (I have that one too), but I preferred the longer handle of the AA version, the ease of getting replacement batteries, and the price of replacement batteries.

GB940Rookie likes this.
  17. GB940Rookie

GB940Rookie Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2016
    I’ve got a brand new back up just in case I ever lose this one.

Scott321 likes this.
  18. tech25

tech25

Dec 20, 2012
    HDS Rotary and/or Okluma DC1

Kalsu likes this.
  19. enginesix

enginesix

Jan 27, 2011
    Foursevens Quark QPA. I have added a deep carry pocket clip and tactical tail cap. no issues with the tactical tail cap turning on in my back pocket.

20. Venice

Venice Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Goin' back to old reliable. In fact I just ordred a purple one. Always afraid they will discontinue it.
    [​IMG]

mdauben and Krav like this.