What light is in your EDC?

In post 40, I wrote about how much I love my Fenix PD35 Tac. Well, it's true, but it's lost somewhere in my house. Looking for 3 wks; can't find it.
Did find my "old" Fenix PD25, which goes to 550 lumens in four steps. One problem; it had a broken "tail-switch." Couldn't find a new switch as my model was so old it's not sold now for several years. My flashlight was part of an earlier design and could not be found in the U.S.
I wrote Fenix; told Customer Rep that I don't know where I got it, or how much I paid, or how old it is...probably got it from the big bay.
Customer Rep said to be patient and she'd get one sent out from China. It took 9 days to get here from China, but it was a brand new tail-cap with switch.
It works great; takes only one CR123 battery and works great. I use it every nite when I walk the dog in the neighborhood late at night....
HOW CAN YOU BEAT THAT???

OH YEAH...FORGOT TO ADD...MY TOTAL COST FOR THIS? ZERO

Last edited:
I always have a Streamlight Microstream in my pocket, at work or home. It completely disappears but provides whatever light I may need on a day to day task. If I think I’m actually going to be using a light I’ll grab something bigger and brighter, but just for general carry that little Microstream is tough to beat.

5AGnTBW.jpg

I have had a Microstream with me everyday, everywhere I go and at work for the last 12 years. It is an amazing little light and has only had to replace the tail switch once. I have a usb rechargeable on the way that’s supposed to have more output.I also have a Stylus Pro for backup. In my work at a gas compression plant they furnish us with a Streamlight Dualy that is Haz Lo and is a tremendous light tool. These led lights we have today are amazing compared to the incandescent type we had before. More light, smaller, lighter and longer run times.

Surefire E1B, since they first released it. I like it so much that I bough a second.
They make much brighter versions now but my two “ old school “ back ups are just right for what I need. I’ve tried several other companies, even a custom McGizmo Haiku but I still go back to the E1B.
After about a decade the only thing I’d change would be to reverse the settings and have it come on low/high instead of high/low, but I understand why it’s programmed the way that it is.

Eagletac D25A Clicky in Nichia 219, been on my keychain for 3 years now. A few months ago stopped working, nice and easy no questions asked (though slow) warranty repair. If had the choice for a replacement I'd like USB charging, a drop more power and better Li-ion compatibility but in a similar form factor. Tiny lights are nice in the pocket but not fun in the hand.

EDIT I just saw they brought out a mkII version, aargh, wish I hadn't known that! :D

keychain_2.jpg

My current bag EDC flashlight is this. BLF A6 SE. They're the best combo of UI, features and power/runtime for my uses and they're so cheap I've got four of them (so far!), EDC bag, home, car, bike. Only thing I could wish for is USB charging, oh and of course Nichia as an option (my EDC one is Nichia, I had someone mod it for me).

duo.jpg

Last edited:
Recently I picked up some Pelican 1910’s from @Darkpast off the exchange. Not much bigger than the Microstream but talk about a lot of output for a aaa light. Tried running it continuously and only got about 80 minutes on high, about half of what they say but since I use rechargeable batteries I’ll take the light over runtime.

8-EBA3893-2-CDC-4-A2-C-872-B-3-BE82313-C8-C7.jpg

Nitecore Tip on my keychain. Supposed to be 360 lumens but not really. I also use it on the 2nd mode for more battery life. It's also rechargeable via micro-USB.

A little different today with the AceBeam UC 15 on a dangler.
What a rocket with double 10400 Lions.
Also has UV and Red lights.
82JiDbnl.jpg

carried the preon p1 for awhile. i always preferred the “twisty”. but i lost it.

i replaced it with a massdrop brass “clicky”. had it in my pocket for well over a year. i like it a lot.

View attachment 1026599

That massdrop brass light looks fantastic.
How's the battery life?
I think that will be my next EDC pocket light.

That massdrop brass light looks fantastic.
How's the battery life?
I think that will be my next EDC pocket light.
hmmmm. don’t really keep track. i replace it every 3-4 months? sometimes i do anyway ... before it goes dead ... but i’ve definitely had it be dead.

Back