what lights ya carry??

3 AA Maglite. I would love to be enlightened as to why some flashlights are so expensive.

emitter , drive , control, machining , quality parts.

to bring up a mag lite and update it to run like these new lights your going to drop around the same amount.... and maybe get close to the performance... also kinda like saying i dont know why people buy BMWs , chevys are good enough.

I've been alternating between the Leatherman serac s2 and s3 lately, got a pretty good deal at the local B&M outdoors store. One AAA and one CR123 respectively, I'm pretty happy with their performance. I've heard that they're a collaboration between fenix and leatherman, and these have really piqued my interest in higher end lights now

3 AA Maglite. I would love to be enlightened as to why some flashlights are so expensive.

Size, brightness, battery life and bulb life variable light levels. I'm not sure if your Maglite is incandescent or Led but the latest lights are probably a lot smaller, a lot brighter and run longer off one AA or AAA batt.

I carry a Fenix TK11 and also a Fenix P2D (my EDC) with a TAD Gear T.I.C.

DSC06366.jpg

My buddy just got a Fenix Ld20 and It's freakin Awesome. I really Really want to get one, but I gotta stick to my AR fund :(

Also recently got a 3 watt 2 AA mini maglite and it's quite powerful with hi and low power and SOS.

Another friend got a new 2 Dcell LED maglite and I was blown away by the beam it put out.

I currently have two that I alternate.

I have an original Surefire 6P that I have replaced the lamp with the 6P LED assembly.

I also have a Surefire G2 LED. Both are black and are the best lights I own.

I use a Malkoff for everyday carry. Made in the USA 200lums tough as nails what more could you ask for.

I use a Malkoff for everyday carry. Made in the USA 200lums tough as nails what more could you ask for.

cool lights, but they seem to be sold out on their site.
look like pretty tuff lights, and they have maglite conversions.
thanx for the heads up.

Where did you get the knurling ring for the front oy your Fenix?!?!?! I'd love to get one.

They no longer carry it on their new website but here's a link to the old one
http://209.128.78.210/edged tools/tad_gear_t_i_c_.htm

Call and try asking for Armando. Apparently they make different sizes of the ring and the 1st one they sent didn't fit my P2D but Armando helped me out.

It's very well made and the tips are nice and pointy, for whatever uses you might imagine ;)

Yep. That's the kind of person that never needs to try any type of drug. Next thing ya know they're all like, "hey bro *scratch scratch* can I barrow your dvd player for just a minute?"

Another company that does pretty nice inexpensive flashlights is Brinkmann. I bought one of their MaxFire LX's a couple of years ago and it's great. It uses the more expensive batteries, but the light itself isn't expensive at all as far as flashlights go and it can take a serious beating. Bright as a mother too.

base_media

I have a Brinkman very similar to yours that I bought for $20 a few years ago at Walmart. It has a shiny finish.
Everyone should buy one of these if you can find it. Very bright. It blew my Mag. 5D away.

I keep a Nitecore D10 R2 in my pants pocket and a Surefire 6P w/ Malkoff M60 drop-in in my coat pocket. I love the UI on the Nitecore and the output of the Surefire.

I love my Nitecore EX10s, one of them is usually on me, and I've been dropping my Quark Mini 123 in my pocket every so often too. I just picked up a Nitecore SR3 at 50% off, and while it's a little big to throw in a pocket I'm really enjoying the UI so I might sheath that one up on my belt for a while...

I have 30 or more flashlights but my surefires are always placed where i can access them in case of a true emergency.

Fenix LD20. The fact that it takes AA batteries which are available everywhere makes it a winner with the awesome throw of light. Very slim...

but batteries are expencive, so i have a cheap surplus light that takes 2 d and it was like 3.50 at my local army navy, and a maglite aa as a back up, it has an led/presure switch upgrade

I have a Brinkman very similar to yours that I bought for $20 a few years ago at Walmart. It has a shiny finish.
Everyone should buy one of these if you can find it. Very bright. It blew my Mag. 5D away.

i have the same brinkmann. that sucker is bright but it eat batteries like crazy. i used to keep it in the truck but recently switched to my surefire because of the much longer run time.

i saw that they made an LED version recently though. might be worth trying out.

Back