what lights ya carry??

Surefire 6P LED. I really like this light, sadly this entire combo of knife and light went missing in the last month. Knew I should have never looked into this thread... I've got a couple 4sevens in front of me now (Q mini, and a Preon 2) and I can safely say they wont be the last. And of course like anyone I've got enough maglites to beat a herd of cattle to death with.... (I've got to look at 2d sized LED options)

EDIT:and just ordered 4 streamlights... thanks a lot TTD! :p

4278217355_7f4f2692e3_o.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Brinkman very similar to yours that I bought for $20 a few years ago at Walmart. It has a shiny finish.
Everyone should buy one of these if you can find it. Very bright. It blew my Mag. 5D away.

The Brinkman LX will take the same drop-in as the Surefires. A good way to make a nice light even better and more useful.

I will bounce back and forth between my 3, 4 & 6 D Mags depending on what I'm planning but the 2AA Mag is always with me and my SF-LED hibernates in my glovebox.
Of course there are also the 2 rechargable 2Mil spots in the truck. ;)

Nothing fancy.

I always carry my Streamlight Micro, no exceptions. I like that little light so much I keep a second one in my GHB. My main headlight has been a Tikka Plus for years now, and hasn't let me down. I recently picked up a Tactikka XP Adapt for the red and blue filter options, plus it's flat black which adds to the tacticool factor ;-) I will be adding my first Fenix soon, most likely the LD20.

I always carry my Streamlight Micro, no exceptions. I like that little light so much I keep a second one in my GHB. My main headlight has been a Tikka Plus for years now, and hasn't let me down. I recently picked up a Tactikka XP Adapt for the red and blue filter options, plus it's flat black which adds to the tacticool factor ;-) I will be adding my first Fenix soon, most likely the LD20.

how do you like the streamlight? ive been thinking about getting my gf one to keep in her purse, but im not sure it can handle the abuse of being thrown around in there with all her junk.

Don't worry the streamlight will take the abuse I EDC a microstream in my pocket, best single AAA light for under $20 IMO.

Inova X-5 or ITP C9. Just got the C9 and Im very impressed. You can set the output and it will remember what you had it set to the next time you use it. Very cool.

how do you like the streamlight? ive been thinking about getting my gf one to keep in her purse, but im not sure it can handle the abuse of being thrown around in there with all her junk.

It will handle it. I don't "baby" this little $13 light - it's been dropped and knocked about quite a bit. It keeps on burning.

I just got a Quark Mini AA with natural tint. Nice small light and it works with a AAA battery also. Making it a great back up light.

I just ordered a couple Fenix P3d's for me and the Mrs. I think these will make good camping lights for us. I'll be comparing them to our G3's. With the different brightness settings, the P3d may become my new favorite. I hope it lives up to the hype.

Back